How to recieve a pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

cortfr

Jan 4, 2006
I was wondering how you are supposed to recieve a pass that is seemingly coming right between your legs. I try and get my stick there to recieve it, but since i use such a low lie (5), only the toe of my stick touches the ice and i usually miss the puck this way.

also, any tips on how to get in optimal position to recieve a non-perfect pass? Should i be shuffling my feet some way or another?
as you can tell im prety new to this sport, so anything will help.

Steve Gatzos*

Using your skates also keeps the puck protected pretty well while you have you head down for that second

HSHS

Losing is a disease
Apr 5, 2005
Redondo Beach, Ca
Skates and direct the puck to your stick as everyone is saying.

The other thing you can do is bend down far and move your lower hand toward the blade. Depending on where it is you can collect it directly on the forehand and push it foreward

Or

you can let it deflect off the backhand toward the front of you (you do this if the puck is too far behind your back skate.)

As far as optimal position, I try to be open to whatever side the pass is coming from... ie I'm rt handed so on the right wing and pass coming from the left, ie keep my right skate foreward and rotate hips inward. (opposite from other direction)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad