How to quickly lose weight (and keep it off for good)?

How to quickly lose weight

• Total voters
Sep 19, 2008
Track your calories on MFP and don't cross the number. Be honest with yourself.

Get in minimum 3 x HIIT sessions a week and put in the work. Go hard for half an hour and save yourself an hour and a half on the treadmill or bike.

As for keeping it off - you're on the hook for that. It requires a lifestyle change that you need to commit to.

MFP doesn't fit the unique foods I eat. Like I go to eat at a small restaurant and it doesn't even have the food listed.

Sep 19, 2008
I'm sitting here with my gut bursting against my pants and it hurts so much. I badly need to lose this beer belly.

I have to refrain from eating sugar now because of Keto. No more soda or fruit juice. :(

heatnikki

Dec 18, 2018
Working out + keep on a healthy diet. My trainer advised me to try cool sculpting procedures in MedSpa NYC additionally to burn fat cells faster. This procedure has no contraindications. I heard many positive reviews about it so I'm going on my first procedure next week. Hope it helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: HFBCommenter
Sep 19, 2008
The problem with MFP is I eat too many odd things that don't get listed on the tracker.

For instance I've been eating rice, chickpeas, and broccoli for lunch. That's not on MFP. So how do I track calories?

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
For instance I've been eating rice, chickpeas, and broccoli for lunch. That's not on MFP. So how do I track calories?

There's this thing called a scale. It tells you the weight of objects you put on it.

There's also this thing on the packaging called the Nutrition Facts. It tells you want nutrients are in your food.

I'll let you figure it out from there.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
As someone who has a disease that flares the healthier I eat, I have been at a point where I deal with eating like shit and be a walking time bomb for a heart attack or miss work and we sick due to ulcerative colitis. I really cannot eat fruits and Veggies and when I do it is only a tiny bit.
Keto is great but many people don't realize how much fat you have to eat. It isn't the atkins. It isn't about high protein. Do meet proper macros I have had to eat my eggs with MCT oil and add cocounut and olive oil to my drinks etc in order to get the full effects and put your body into ketosis. And it tastes like shit is hard on the stomach. If you want to lose the weight just cut carbs and sugar.
Intermittent fasting is also good for weight loss and I used to do it on a regular basis. But I found I would binge more. I got up at 5:30am and would fast until 1-3pm. That means water only. Black coffee is OK, but who the f*** drinks black coffee. Gum can break a fast. Intermittent fasting can put your body into ketosis which can give you terrible breath. The fact that you can't have gum around your co-workers is scary. Some days I can get through the hunger pangs, but when people talk about food all the time, I plan my meals for the night in my head which usually ends up being the local buffet or snacking which totally defeats the purpose.
HIIT- IS a great workout, but you will be soaked after about 15-20 minutes and is not a good before work exercise only becasue you will sweat for a couple hours after the workout. It also takes a lot out of you. I work shift work and if I have to do HIIT when I am on evenings I do it at 2am as opposed to 2pm before my shift.
My typical workout would be
15 incline puchups, 15 bentover rows back and forth 4-5x's. rest for a minute or two.
15 regular pushups, 15 reverse flys back and forth x4. Rest for a couple of minutes
15 flys-15 other back exercise x3 rest
ten push up to rows x3.
If you can't do that. Get on your knees for pushups.
Then next day I do abs legs.
Then next day I do shoudlers arms.
Then rest. If I still have more time after these workouts or I am still to sore from other exercises I do 30 second on 30 second off of other exercises which include running spot, skipping, jumping jacks, planks, burpees, woodchoppers etc.

Reactions: HFBCommenter

Jiminy Cricket

#TeamMeat
Mar 9, 2014
Please help. I way over 500 pounds and can't leave my bed. My poor grandsister has to wipe down my disgusting body with a shammy. No matter what I do (which is usually eating), I just keep gaining wait. :shakehead

Reactions: irunthepeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad