How to improve and get more Canadian junior players drafted by the NHL

DavidLamb

Nov 14, 2017
Let's read the the 2 articles above and provide some suggestion, I am for :

1. a)Maximum of 60 CHL games per year for age 16-19, overagers are exempted, allowing more practise time
b) increase Maximum AHL game to 7-8 without the conditioning clause.
2. Specific Skill Development coaches for CHL teams
3. Shared Goalie Development coaches for every 3-4 CHL teams.
4. Some Kinds of full-time Hockey Canada Mentorship program for Hockey Canada elite athletes (age 16-19).
5. HC putting together a training program for elite Athletes and make it available to Canadian Junior players in the summer. eg power-skating, puck-control and stickhandling, and ect.
6. Stay ahead of the NHL and enforce stricter rules to allow more free flow and offense in CHL games.

Anyways, these are some changes or innovations which can be implemented to allow more Canadian kids drafted. Please provide some ideas if you have any!!​

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Let's read the the 2 articles above and provide some suggestion, I am for :

1. a)Maximum of 60 CHL games per year for age 16-19, overagers are exempted, allowing more practise time
b) increase Maximum AHL game to 7-8 without the conditioning clause.
2. Specific Skill Development coaches for CHL teams
3. Shared Goalie Development coaches for every 3-4 CHL teams.
4. Some Kinds of full-time Hockey Canada Mentorship program for Hockey Canada elite athletes (age 16-19).
5. HC putting together a training program for elite Athletes and make it available to Canadian Junior players in the summer. eg power-skating, puck-control and stickhandling, and ect.
6. Stay ahead of the NHL and enforce stricter rules to allow more free flow and offense in CHL games.

Anyways, these are some changes or innovations which can be implemented to allow more Canadian kids drafted. Please provide some ideas if you have any!!​
The only thing that needs to be changed is have every players rights be only 2 years. It's pretty obvious once the 4th round starts a lot of teams lean towards the players they have the rights to for 4 years. Fix that to make the playing field level and teams would draft more chlers

Reactions: TheWhiskeyThief

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
I honestly dont think the CHL is in trouble, who cares if they get drafted, its more about making it and if they have the skill they will do it.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Problem is development. Here in europe the younger players spend more time learning skills than playing. In Canada the emphases is on playing games.

Also, you have fewer canadian kids playing ice hockey( before you say it is more expensive, it has always been expensive)

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Problem is development. Here in europe the younger players spend more time learning skills than playing. In Canada the emphases is on playing games.

Also, you have fewer canadian kids playing ice hockey( before you say it is more expensive, it has always been expensive)
European players might need to put more emphasis on playing more games then because I can't honestly see the difference in skill between them and Canadian players, can You? if they put extra emphasis on it it does not seem to end in better results or domination of top scorers in the nhl.

Last edited:

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
You make the circle bigger.

The greater the cohort that play and the longer you keep them playing, the greater the odds you get elite players coming through the system.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad