How to get the computer to shoot more?

Browntrout

Apr 2, 2018
Hey all,

I only play franchise. Currently on all-star.

How do I get the computer to take more shots? There are times where they have a breakaway and pass backwards to the trailer who is 20 feet behind them and my D is there. Is there anything in the sliders to increase their shot attempts? Or should I just put it up to superstar?

AOSC

Jun 26, 2013
Minnesota
Hey all,

I only play franchise. Currently on all-star.

How do I get the computer to take more shots? There are times where they have a breakaway and pass backwards to the trailer who is 20 feet behind them and my D is there. Is there anything in the sliders to increase their shot attempts? Or should I just put it up to superstar?
Press R1 and it makes the CPU shoot.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
Sorry. I meant the computer that I am playing against in Franchise mode.
No slider and bumping it up wouldnt change that deciesion they make. I found that regardless of difficulty the AI still plays the same they just have much better "luck". Like my goalie lets in more softies. Their poke checks get a little bit extra range. They move a little faster so when they collapse on a play it gets shut down before you can sneak the shot off. Their checks knock you down to the ice as aposed to that thing where you take a knee but really only lose a step. So yeah the harder difficulties make it harder but it doesnt change how the AI run plays or shot selection. If someone has proof otherwise thats awesome but this is just my experience. I ussually play on the 2nd hardest difficulty because i find its challenging enough not to be boring but not frustrating enough to make me not want to play like the hardest difficulty where i might as well play with the goalie pulled because every time i go up be 3 or more goals any for the most part is going in against me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->