How to get new ownership?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Honest discussion time on what fans can do to push Melnyk to sell the team, or have the NHL (or BoG) put pressure on him to sell.

Obviously we can not buy tickets, but is that enough? It would have to be some pretty serious commitment from the fans. Like a really really empty arena with it being public knowledge that we are protesting against ownership. I would have to imagine that 1,000 fans at a game would get the attention of the NHL head office.

There needs to be a much more coordinated effort than #Melnykout trending on Twitter for a day or so. It needs to be relentless. It needs to make national news.

It would be pretty interesting if there was a way for season ticket holders to announce that they are not renewing for next season.

Side note: Anyone here a secret billionaire who wants to buy a franchise?

JonnyMacSen

2nd round Chlapik!
Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa, ON
#MelnykOut chant for people actually in the arena at a certain time during the game every game alla Alfie Chant.

At very least it may get media attention.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
How bout the billboard idea that Islander fans have put together? A HUGE #MelnykOut billboard close to the CTC.

I feel like it's been done and doesn't work. but I'm desperate enough that I'd throw in a few bucks to make it happen.

If the NHL didn't do anything about Wurtz or Ballard though they certainly aren't gonna care about Melnyk.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I feel like it's been done and doesn't work. but I'm desperate enough that I'd throw in a few bucks to make it happen.

If the NHL didn't do anything about Wurtz or Ballard though they certainly aren't gonna care about Melnyk.

Ding ding ding. My response before wasn't tongue in cheek, that's probably the only legitimate way ownership changes. A billboard? really?

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
I've started a gofundme and a crypto ico in hopes to raise enough money to buy out melnyk.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
This site is an echo chamber for Melnyk haters, and those who participate are fooling themselves that anything they can do is going to force the Owner to sell.

Some are deluded if they think the degree of Melnyk hating on this site is representative of the total Ottawa Senator fan-base.

Contrary to popular opinion, I'm not a Melnyk supporter, I just accept that he's the owner until he decides not to be.

I see no use in rubbing crumbs on my chains.

Would I welcome a new owner, yes, but am not going waste my time whining and complaining about it, because it's not going to happen any faster.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
This site is an echo chamber for Melnyk haters, and those who participate are fooling themselves that anything they can do is going to force the Owner to sell.

Some are deluded if they think the degree of Melnyk hating on this site is representative of the total Ottawa Senator fan-base.

Contrary to popular opinion, I'm not a Melnyk supporter, I just accept that he's the owner until he decides not to be.

Would I welcome a new owner, yes, but am not going waste my time whining and complaining about it, because it's not going to happen any faster.
Instead you waste your time whining about people whining about Melnyk. You are in the minority

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott

But you spend so much time posting in support of Melnyk?

If you really don't care, why not just stick to hockey topics instead of arguing about CTC rent costs?

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Too late, thanks to a Sens fan donating his kidney to save this schmuck's life.

Hope for a story/allegations to pop up that sheds a very poor light on him?, he is probably in the Trump mold though in that all horrific stories seem to role off the back and only add to his powers some how. We got excited earlier on but it appears we are stuck with the guy and his extremely stubborn ways.

Reactions: MATTHEWSisGretzky

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Hope for a story/allegations to pop up that sheds a very poor light on him?,

Ottawa media is terrified to report anything negative about him or the organization, its really a joke. The only person who has made any subtle remarks is Don freakin Brennan of all people.

Maybe if the media decided to turn his back on him, I would feel like a change is possible, but as long as Garrioch, Warren and the TSN1200 guys continue to defend everything about this organization, nothing will change.

Cloud

Feb 22, 2016
Yukon
simply no one buying tickets may ( and that's a very slight may ) work if it was an American team....but personally i think that would be the quickest way to relocation more than anything for a Canadian team.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Hey man, just spitballing ideas here. Anything is better than us all sitting here doing nothing. Islander fans raised a bunch of money quickly.

I am just being honest with you, it is a waste of money. The only thing that hurts the guy is actually not spending $ on the team and not going to games. Even then, I am not sure that would do anything.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015

of f***ing course

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

Pretty much.

The league will deny him a relocation request if there are buyers willing to keep the team in Ottawa (if it ever gets to that extreme point, which I very seriously doubt), and only force a sale if he threatens to leave and refuses to cooperate with the league in that regard. Otherwise, what we see is what we get.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Have you ever talked to anyone in this city?? They all feel the same way, this isn't unique to HFBoards. If you chose to be blind to it, then that's your own problem. You really don't understand how wrong you are, don't you?? You are in a very small minority.

You'd be surprised by the number of Senators fans that I talk to.

This is the only place where this level of hatred for the Owner, is being voiced.

Until the suggested anti owner chants, fans with paper bags on their heads, and anti Melnyk signs show up at home games, this will be the go to place for the haters

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Ottawa media is terrified to report anything negative about him or the organization, its really a joke. The only person who has made any subtle remarks is Don freakin Brennan of all people.

Maybe if the media decided to turn his back on him, I would feel like a change is possible, but as long as Garrioch, Warren and the TSN1200 guys continue to defend everything about this organization, nothing will change.

OR........ the Media does not share the Hatred spewed of this site for the Owner?

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008

This is the only place where this level of hatred for the Owner, is being voiced.

Until the suggested anti owner chants, fans with paper bags on their heads, and anti Melnyk signs show up at home games, this will be the go to place for the haters

The fanbase got #MelnykOut trending on twitter, so surely it's not the ONLY place...

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau

You are not allowed to count the "Melnyk Army" from here. They are just as delusional as you are.

As for the bolded part, you just wait, they are coming.

Reactions: billpo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->