Advice: How to get better at hockey

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
You have done so much, but I want to clarify things and ask questions, please tell me which ones are right and wrong if you want. 3 days a week, leg day not close to ice time. I have a random schedule (No set times like sundays at 6, or wednesday at 8:30), so do I just try and fit it all in when I can? Do I workout like squat, calf raise, squat, calf raise, or is it squat, squat, calf raise, calf raise (Alternating exercises or no)? Is everything 2-3 sets of 10-12? If not, and if you still feel super awesome, could you please tell me? Tell me if I am being greedy and should shut up. Your help is much appreciated, and you are amazing for doing what you have done already. Many Thanks, 900.

Nothing wrong asking questions on a hockey forum. If you have a random schedule then yea you are going to have to fit it in when yea can. Can't help ya past that.

Individual 1

Jan 25, 2012
3 days a week, leg day not close to ice time. I have a random schedule (No set times like sundays at 6, or wednesday at 8:30), so do I just try and fit it all in when I can? Do I workout like squat, calf raise, squat, calf raise, or is it squat, squat, calf raise, calf raise (Alternating exercises or no)? Is everything 2-3 sets of 10-12? If not, and if you still feel super awesome, could you please tell me?
Assuming you are on the ice twice a week, try to workout 3 times a week and try to keep a gap between leg day and ice time. Since you have no set schedule just do the best that you can.

Generally you don't alternate exercises especially with you just starting. It is something you can consider later on though, it is generally done to shorten your rest/break between sets to keep the workout intense.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
One thing you can do to get better at hockey for sure is improving your shape and gaining strength. Being quicker and stronger will allow you to be a more effective player based on pure athleticism. You'll be harder to knock off the puck, you'll get faster to loose pucks and your shot will get harder.

Other than that, study the game, watch the pros, break down what they do and try to do it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad