OT: how to get around in Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

cujoflutie

I'm going to Orlando and plan on seeing the leaf games in Miami and Tampa. I know that it's too far to cab so my question for anyone who goes to Florida, is there a public transportation service down there? For instance here if you were staying in Kingston and planning to go to Toronto and Ottawa, you'd use via rail or greyhound, any kind of equivalent in the States/Florida

lati4

Feb 26, 2012
Both times I went to Florida I drove my own car down there so that was how I got to both games. But I would say rent a car. If they play back to back it will be much more convenient for you to have your own vehicle.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
if you got $500 buy a beater--Lived in Ft Lauderdale for two years and bought beater for $250 an old toyota and it did the job. Public transport leaves something to be wanted.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
hitchhiker.jpg

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
I'm going to Orlando and plan on seeing the leaf games in Miami and Tampa. I know that it's too far to cab so my question for anyone who goes to Florida, is there a public transportation service down there? For instance here if you were staying in Kingston and planning to go to Toronto and Ottawa, you'd use via rail or greyhound, any kind of equivalent in the States/Florida

There unfortunately isn't. Don't underestimate how long the drive is -- I drove down to Tampa from Georgia and it took me 7 1/2 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad