How to fix Senators

shotvalley

Jan 18, 2010
1. Trade Karlsson to Avalanche and get that Senator's 1st 2019 back with COL 1st 2019 and additions whatever you can get.
2. Trade Duchene to team who needs center (like Canadiens, Islanders, Devils, Jets) and get 2019 1st rounder and some additional picks or prospects.
3. Trade Stone's rights for 2019 1st rounder and some additional picks or prospects.
4. Trade Ryan for picks and prospects and keep some of his salary on Senators Cap.

Now start praying that Sen's picks first on next Draft and take Jack Hughes and start rebuilding.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
DON'T trade Duchene unless he wants out. I think he'll want to be the next wave of leaders on this team with Stone.

Make a solid trade if you have to trade Karlsson and make sure Glass or equivalent prospect is coming back, Theodore or equivalent young D is coming back and a 1st.

Forget about Colorado having our pick and hope you can assemble a team that has enough pride to screw up that draft pick.

Be ready to acquire a goaltender - and quick, if Anderson sucks again

Fix the defence.

Fire Melnyk into the sun.

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
In Melnyk’s mind, fans will show up no matter want he does. Let’s see what attendance is like next year. Even big markets like Chicago suffered when the team is really badly managed.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
In Melnyk’s mind, fans will show up no matter want he does. Let’s see what attendance is like next year. Even big markets like Chicago suffered when the team is really badly managed.
Melnyk was complaining about attendance all year and now he’s selling off the main attraction.

Stupidity shouldn’t be rewarded and the building should be completely empty.

Reactions: OttawaSenators11

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Best way to fix this team would obviously be to remove the owner, forcibly if required. I wouldn't do anything until the deadline next year beyond that. Emotions are running high.

Karlsson doesn't need to go, the owner does. The rest will fall into place. If the owner doesn't go, this team is in a bad, bad spot going forward.

Reactions: bert

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
I'll echo what others have said and say that this doesn't seem salvageable as long as Melnyk is involved.

Reactions: NyQuil

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Get rid of the owner.

Until then, what's the point to getting invested when all our great players force their way out?

Puikiou

Oct 15, 2013
If that Vegas package's really on the table, we should take it and run far far away. And I say this as someone whose preference would 100% be to re-sign Karlsson.

I get wanting Cody Glass. He has legitimate goal scoring first line pivot upside (a la Mark Scheifele) and looks ready to step in the NHL in october. BUT though Suzuki's still very raw and more of a boom or bust prospect (could be anything from Sam Gagner to Claude Giroux/Mitch Marner), he's no slouch either! Still very young too (only a month older than Tkachuk though he was drafted last year).

Theodore + Tuch + Suzuki + 2019 1st + 2019 2nd for Karlsson + Ryan at his full caphit should be a DONE DEAL! My god!

Boedker - Duchene - Stone
Tkachuk- Brown - White
Dzingel - Pageau - Tuch
Paajarvi - Chlapik - Gaborik
Smith/Pyatt

Theodore - Ceci
Chabot - Jaros
Wolanin - Wideman
Boro

Anderson
Condon

Suzuki, Batherson, Formenton, Tychonick, JBD, Lajoie, Gustavsson in juniors/Belleville.

YES PLEASE!!!

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Stone is 25 relax big guy. They can do a proper rebuild and keep some talent. Keep Duchene too dont worry they wont be a playoff team.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
If that Vegas package's really on the table, we should take it and run far far away. And I say this as someone whose preference would 100% be to re-sign Karlsson.

I get wanting Cody Glass. He has legitimate goal scoring first line pivot upside (a la Mark Scheifele) and looks ready to step in the NHL in october. BUT though Suzuki's still very raw and more of a boom or bust prospect (could be anything from Sam Gagner to Claude Giroux/Mitch Marner), he's no slouch either! Still very young too (only a month older than Tkachuk though he was drafted last year).

Theodore + Tuch + Suzuki + 2019 1st + 2019 2nd for Karlsson + Ryan at his full caphit should be a DONE DEAL! My god!

Boedker - Duchene - Stone
Tkachuk- Brown - White
Dzingel - Pageau - Tuch
Paajarvi - Chlapik - Gaborik
Smith/Pyatt

Theodore - Ceci
Chabot - Jaros
Wolanin - Wideman
Boro

Anderson
Condon

Suzuki, Batherson, Formenton, Tychonick, JBD, Lajoie, Gustavsson in juniors/Belleville.

YES PLEASE!!!
Gaborik can't play on the 4th line. He doesn't have enough intensity for that. He needs to play with skilled players to be a little effective

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Hope Melnyks secret liver donor requests a refund
It's probably expired by now.

giphy.gif

DuncanMacpherson

Apr 6, 2010
Stone is 26 and a UFA after his next contract regardless of term

I hate how management made all our core players contracts expire around the same time (Turris,Stone, Karlsson,Ceci,Brassard..) Management didn’t care about our future only our present that’s why they bridged stone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->