OT: How to enjoy hockey while the Hawks are frustrating and nearly unwatchable?

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
I couldn't be a sports fan if I rode every up and down as wildly as you do, KBS. We see your over-reactions to the Sox, Bears and Hawks. To me, you have to take things in stride or you're going to drive yourself crazy. Understand as a fan of Chicago sports teams, that there will probably be a lot more downs than ups. Kind of as DHF said - it makes the victories all the sweeter when they eventually come.

I'm going to the Hawks game in Vegas next week. We made a Vegas trip around seeing them out there. And I'll have a great time. Then being a bad team right now isn't going to take too much away from that. But honestly, right now the Sox off-season has more of my sports attention than the Bears or Hawks do. And that sucks. But they'll eventually come around. Someday...hehe.
Enjoy. Seen games at quite a few nhl barns and T-Mobile Arena is my favorite place to see a hockey game so far.

Reactions: Sarava

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
1.Watch a real hockey team= The Canucks.
and realize that one day in the long future our Blackhawks will play the game. well like they do ...won't that be glorious?Think of all that great coming..in about 7 years after Toews Kane akeith Seabs Saad Shaw JC, Stan Kelley ,McD and all the Vice Presidents the Hawks have ,all the scouts ,the trainercand obditioni g and strength coach and everyone except Rocky all long gone...think of that glorious time ahead!

2. Get a calendar and mark off each day till the end of the season...Be sure to watch something else when Hawks games are scheduled.

3.Delude yourself into thinking Maxim Shalunov is the next big thing for next season and pretend the marketing hype dept. Finally gotvine right...they won't bit by pretending they are right you steal a brief glimnervof hope ...for next season!

4.Laugh...cause life is short...Given the slings and arrows laughter is all you can do to survive.

5.Pretend Hawks will win the lottery and select Lafreniere...It of course will not happen...but you can dream. HOWEVER IF Hawks draft 5-8 maybe they actually draft a complete hockey player for a change...you know... a guy who actually can make a play...retrieve loose pucks and create off it ...2 way game...great hard worker...great hands and stick-handler,good shot...good skater ,wins puck races and board battles,used in all situations,ALMOST SAME ppg as Lafreniere...back'checks,takes pucks away,not afraid to get to the net...productive on the pp and effective on the pk ..dangerous on pk cause can provide shorties...2 way player yet elite points producer...yes he is a smurf but pound for pound tge best most complete hockey player in the draft...I amof course talking of the magnificent Austrian ..Marco Rossi of the Ottaw 67s of the OHL...oh yeah...forgot..He is over 63% on faceoffs..
So if we cannot get a top 3 in Lafreniere or Byfield or Raymond you can drea m Rossi is still there for us...except of course Stan if he has not been fired will will take another kid who will bust.
..but at least you can dream.

6. You can watch the Icehogs instead ofctge woeful Hawks...it looks like King is not so bad after all and they have started to play good hockey and have turned ut around.

7.You can think of the haul we will get at the TDL when we trade Lehner (because he would be crazy to re-sign only to get barraged constantly from this mess of a team which will continue next season till the rotten vets all gone...

8.You can take Vegas bets on when JC and Stan will be fired.

9.You can drive what Kane and Toews drive ...

10.You can go to YouTube and watch Gordon Ramsay cooking some fabulous dish then go and re-createcit for yourself Nd have a nice dinner.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
and realize that one day in the long future our Blackhawks will play the game. well like they do ...won't that be glorious?Think of all that great coming..in about 7 years after Toews Kane akeith Seabs Saad Shaw JC, Stan Kelley ,McD and all the Vice Presidents the Hawks have ,all the scouts ,the trainercand obditioni g and strength coach and everyone except Rocky all long gone...think of that glorious time ahead!

2. Get a calendar and mark off each day till the end of the season...Be sure to watch something else when Hawks games are scheduled.

3.Delude yourself into thinking Maxim Shalunov is the next big thing for next season and pretend the marketing hype dept. Finally gotvine right...they won't bit by pretending they are right you steal a brief glimnervof hope ...for next season!

4.Laugh...cause life is short...Given the slings and arrows laughter is all you can do to survive.

5.Pretend Hawks will win the lottery and select Lafreniere...It of course will not happen...but you can dream. HOWEVER IF Hawks draft 5-8 maybe they actually draft a complete hockey player for a change...you know... a guy who actually can make a play...retrieve loose pucks and create off it ...2 way game...great hard worker...great hands and stick-handler,good shot...good skater ,wins puck races and board battles,used in all situations,ALMOST SAME ppg as Lafreniere...back'checks,takes pucks away,not afraid to get to the net...productive on the pp and effective on the pk ..dangerous on pk cause can provide shorties...2 way player yet elite points producer...yes he is a smurf but pound for pound tge best most complete hockey player in the draft...I amof course talking of the magnificent Austrian ..Marco Rossi of the Ottaw 67s of the OHL...oh yeah...forgot..He is over 63% on faceoffs..
So if we cannot get a top 3 in Lafreniere or Byfield or Raymond you can drea m Rossi is still there for us...except of course Stan if he has not been fired will will take another kid who will bust.

6. You can watch the Icehogs instead ofctge woeful Hawks...it looks like King is not so bad after all and they have started to play good hockey and have turned ut around.

7.You can think of the haul we will get at the TDL when we trade Lehner (because he would be crazy to re-sign only to get barraged constantly from this mess of a team which will continue next season till the rotten vets all gone...

10.You can go to YouTube and watch Gordon Ramsay cooking some fabulous dish then go and re-createcit for yourself Nd have a nice dinner.

I predict with confidence that as Hawks season goes on we see plenty of variations of #3 and #5 above..... ...consistent with this boards MO.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
tenor.gif

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Oh I forgot the best idea:

11.Tracel to Canada...rental pkace and subscribe to cable or satellite t.v. to get NHL games..then go out and buy your fix of More Life Growth ...the new joint venture cannabis brand just started by Drake (60% owner) and Canopy Growth (40% owner....they are the largest Cannabis supply company in Canada) .. Imagine...watching Hawks games in a Mary Jane stupor high on Drake Weed! YOU will be able to get through the woeful Hawks this season because YOU will be on cloud 9... Everything will be copacetic and no need to vent or commit suicide over the horror you are witnessing....Don't Worry.. Be Happy! Life us but a breeze! You will be able to survive this annnis horribilis ...Just do not listen to any Drake what passes for music...cause that will drive you to kill yourself or question your sanity for wasting g your precious time listening to Dreck..(that is not a typi).

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010

11.Tracel to Canada...rental pkace and subscribe to cable or satellite t.v. to get NHL games..then go out and buy your fix of More Life Growth ...the new joint venture cannabis brand just started by Drake (60% owner) and Canopy Growth (40% owner....they are the largest Cannabis supply company in Canada) .. Imagine...watching Hawks games in a Mary Jane stupor high on Drake Weed! YOU will be able to get through the woeful Hawks this season because YOU will be on cloud 9... Everything will be copacetic and no need to vent or commit suicide over the horror you are witnessing....Don't Worry.. Be Happy! Life us but a breeze! You will be able to survive this annnis horribilis ...Just do not listen to any Drake what passes for music...cause that will drive you to kill yourself or question your sanity for wasting g your precious time listening to Dreck..(that is not a typi).

reported as "visitcanada.com" and cannabis industry propaganda

Reactions: Cowch

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
You just gotta handicap it.

Is Seabs in the lineup? That's a -1.
Is Lehner starting? That's a +1
etc.

If Seabs and Crawford are starting, the game begins 2-0 in favor of the opponent. So if the Hawks lose by 2 it was a tie. If they lose by 1 it was a win. If they win, it was a blowout win!!!!

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

Funny it hasn't worked for me. ;)

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Last year, from January 20th to March 18th, Kane had 36 points in 23 games, Toews had 29 points in 23 games and the Hawks went 16-7-0.

So while there are many valid criticisms to go around, we’re essentially just waiting for Kane to go on one of his immortal streaks again and make everyone/everything look better than it actually is.

Remembering that and enjoying the rebuilding process is my way of coping.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Watching a team half ass it is rough. Rougher than watching a crap team who still hits & brings emotion meanwhile when the other team scores you're impressed by their talent. Now, when the other team scores it's more of a "seriously?"

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
It's just an extension of how I got through 2018:

In the 2018 gong show I was trying to see the new and exciting ways Crawford would steal the game only for Toews, Seabrook, and Keith to give it right back.

Now in the 2020 gong show I'm trying to see the new and exciting ways Lehner can steal the game only for Toews, Kane, and Seabrook to give it right back.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Watching a team half ass it is rough. Rougher than watching a crap team who still hits & brings emotion meanwhile when the other team scores you're impressed by their talent. Now, when the other team scores it's more of a "seriously?"

This describes the Hawks teams of the 80's. They weren't going to win the SC but their compete level and grit could not be denied. They were not easy to play against and it was entertaining to watch 'em play. This is what I want to see from this team.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008

A lucid post...thank you. Also, a fun post to read. I actually agree with large portions of it, especially the first 6-8 lines of point 5.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad