Goalies: How to deal with a whacked net.

Analyzer*

I'm not fully into rhythm yet, but the net used in ball hockey league is dented. The bottom of it is caved in wards, so the top sticks out a bit. When I hug the post It feels like I should have my foot out more and it leaves my 5 hole open. When I use my foot to judge where in the net I am it leaves the corners open.

How in the hell do I deal with this whacked net ?

On a not broken net most of the goals seem to be pretty much right on the floor or close to it far side. I know you need to see me play in order to properly assess, but how do I adjust to that ? Downlow seems to be my weakness as I guess I'd label myself a hybrid and when I go down I tend to go into full Tim Thomas/Dominik Hasek style.

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
use the crease even moreso to square up if the post isn't working. when covering the post, I'd take the knee down approach to account for the crooked post. You just have to be able to dive across or get up quick if the ball is passed out from the corners or behind the net. good luck with it! sounds like a pain in the ass!

Hounsy

Dec 28, 2003
A wonderful location
Visit site
Not a fan of Knee down in Ball Hawk as even the worse players can roof it and I'm not huge at 5'10". I'm always touching the post with my arms and stick before and as I telescope out, be it ice or ball.

pelts35.com

Oct 4, 2004
www.pelts35.com
Not a fan of Knee down in Ball Hawk as even the worse players can roof it and I'm not huge at 5'10". I'm always touching the post with my arms and stick before and as I telescope out, be it ice or ball.

You could have stopped your sentence at not a fan of knee down (post leg up). I honestly see virtually no benefit to it and often see NHL goalies burned by using this technique (see Jimmy Howard last night), let alone beer leaguers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad