How sweet would it be?

AlexC

Mar 7, 2008
Paris
Carbo made a mistake by putting him there. I think it was like his first game in two months? Was he just coming back from an injury? :shakehead
He was coming back from an injury indeed. But Jaroslav Halak was a very hot and cold goalie. Hot at home and cold on the road. The last 3 games were played on the road, and we lost the 2 first. Carbo pulled Jaro at the end of the 2nd period against the Rangers, and Huet played really well the last period.
I clearly remember some people here asking how did he look. And this board was mostly relieved he played well. Nobody was confident with Halak as goalie on a road game.
Carbo mistake ? Dont't get me wrong, I'm glad he's gone. But with Halak between the pipe, result would have been the same. It was a crappy game between 2 crappy teams. What I remember from this game was what the color commentator next to Bob Cole (can't remember who he was) said sometime during the 2nd period
"I don't know who will win this game, but if they play like that during the playoffs, they won't last very long".

Yes, good call. It was justice neither teams made it. What a joke of a game !

Last edited:

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
No this was three years earlier in the playoffs against Boston. Game 4 I beleive putting the Habs down 3-1 before they came back and one in 7.

Ryder had a hat trick in that game against Toronto

This is correct on both fronts. I remember after Ryder scored his third, it was like, we're in!

Then Begin... The Béginning of the End.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
If the leafs slump, I can't see them finishing lower than 7th. They wont miss the playoffs... but then again, its the leafs, so maybe.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
Leafs make the playoffs in 8th spot, get swept by the Pens, 4 shutouts.

Only the Leafs missing the playoffs altogether would equal that in terms of feel-good moments for me.

Habtchum*

The top 8 teams which are gonna make the playoffs in our Conference is pretty much set. The only intruder could be Winnipeg. edging Washington for their division top spot. If so, it could result in a very interesting last day when Boston will host Ottawa.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->