How sweet would it be?

fsdev905

Dec 22, 2006
Toronto
The Leafs and Habs play next Saturday. Last game of the regular season for both teams.

How sweet would be if they come into the last game needing a point or two to make the playoffs, and the Habs win in regulation.

I remember years ago when Montreal needed a win vs. Toronto to make the playoffs and lost. And the Islanders won the next day to knock the Leafs out of the playoffs.

a7X2cwr.png

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
The Leafs and Habs play next Saturday. Last game of the regular season for both teams.

How sweet would be if they come into the last game needing a point or two to make the playoffs, and the Habs win in regulation.

I remember years ago when Montreal needed a win vs. Toronto to make the playoffs and lost. And the Islanders won the next day to knock the Leafs out of the playoffs.

a7X2cwr.png

All we needed was a ****ing point if I'm correct. :cry: Anyways, I don't care after what happened the year after!

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
That would be the greatest thing ever, especially after all the chirping their fanbase has done this year.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
The best thing ever would be if it came down to a shootout, which they've been terrible at all year, and watch Carey stand on his head and stop all 3 shooters.

I'd almost rather them make the playoffs, but finish 8th and play the Pens in the first round.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
The best thing ever would be if it came down to a shootout, which they've been terrible at all year, and watch Carey stand on his head and stop all 3 shooters.

I'd almost rather them make the playoffs, but finish 8th and play the Pens in the first round.

No...It would be beautiful for them to finish 9th:laugh: That's what we want. Then we have a full season and they dont make it again, whishful thinking.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
All we needed was a ****ing point if I'm correct. :cry: Anyways, I don't care after what happened the year after!

No, we needed to win that game to clinch a berth. Getting the game to OT would have eliminated Toronto, but we needed to win to eliminate the Isles.

Don't forget Begin's INEXCUSABLE 4 minute high sticking penalty at the end of the 2nd that opened the door for them to tie it, which they did early 3rd. Bad bad bad memories. :rant:

Carey Cost*

I rly dont mind Toronto doing the Pffs.

As long as theres 4 canadian teams in the first round thats pretty sick.

Besides they're the only ones capable of weakening Boston physically so if we meet Toronto later pr Boston it would will be easier.

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
I rly dont mind Toronto doing the Pffs.

As long as theres 4 canadian teams in the first round thats pretty sick.

Besides they're the only ones capable of weakening Boston physically so if we meet Toronto later pr Boston it would will be easier.
According to Sportsclubstats, Toronto has 99.8% chances to make the PO...
Nucks are at 99.9% and Sens are at 98.9%.

So we should have 4 canadian teams in PO.
Question is: how many can win in first round?

Carey Cost*

According to Sportsclubstats, Toronto has 99.8% chances to make the PO...
Nucks are at 99.9% and Sens are at 98.9%.

So we should have 4 canadian teams in PO.
Question is: how many can win in first round?

Jets have a shot at it too so 4 in the east + 1 in the west. WIth the possibility that the second round its all canadian teams.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

a7X2cwr.png

It would be priceless, especially after their goon tactics.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
It would make me laugh uncontrollably but I really don't see it happening. But I'm certainly hoping for it. :laugh:

Apr 1, 2006
Montreal

I remember years ago when Montreal needed a win vs. Toronto to make the playoffs and lost. And the Islanders won the next day to knock the Leafs out of the playoffs

Any reason why Begin's name comes to mind? Didn't he (partially) cost us the win (penalty, brain fart, ...)?

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
Souray and Kovalev hitting each other...

No this was three years earlier in the playoffs against Boston. Game 4 I beleive putting the Habs down 3-1 before they came back and one in 7.

Ryder had a hat trick in that game against Toronto

Odelein24

Sep 17, 2009
Montreal
They had been riding Halak while Huet was injured. Halak had been playing really well that whole time. Yet in Carbo's infinite wisdom, he felt it better to put the cold Huet coming back from injury in the final game of the season. I'll never understand that decision.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
They had been riding Halak while Huet was injured. Halak had been playing really well that whole time. Yet in Carbo's infinite wisdom, he felt it better to put the cold Huet coming back from injury in the final game of the season. I'll never understand that decision.

There's a reason why he isn't a NHL coach anymore.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I remember dam well, we lost in New York against the Rags and then despite a great game from Ryder Begin and his dumb 4 minutes high stick killed this team's chances. The only good thing was the Isles winning on Sunday and eliminating the Laughs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->