Post-Game Talk (GBU): How Swede It Is!

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It's nice to see them winning after getting outplayed. Ullmark full marks for his effort and it's nice to see Skinner and Dahlin getting going.

May 2, 2005
Niagara Falls
I do not understand how this team can play so unskilled and slow. Looking at teams like Ottawa and Montreal playing with speed and being tenacious, then seeing our nothing system that changes one game to another.

There is no reason why this team can't hound the opposition the way other teams hound us. Why do we not forecheck properly? This team is not slow yet we use speed in absolutely no way.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
I do not understand how this team can play so unskilled and slow. Looking at teams like Ottawa and Montreal playing with speed and being tenacious, then seeing our nothing system that changes one game to another.

There is no reason why this team can't hound the opposition the way other teams hound us. Why do we not forecheck properly? This team is not slow yet we use speed in absolutely no way.
It's easy to understand. Those teams have good coaching; we do not.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
G:
Above .500 again!
Dahlin
Ullmark
Skinner
Eichel
Reinhart

B:
Getting outshot by Arizona
Going full turtle pretty much every time we have a lead

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
G:
Ullmark
Dahlin
Skinner
1st Line
Mitts

B:
3rd Pairing as usual
Sabres coasting in the 3rd with their lead yet again
Refs calling multiple BS penalties

U:
Yotes, seriously they put on a ton of pressure and have nothing to show for it. I feel bad for the fans of that team.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
You can pinpoint the moment we lost any energy and momentum we had to around 10 minutes into the 1st where Beaulieu had the easiest breakout of his life which somehow ended up in Buffalo chasing the puck in their own zone for 2 minutes. A win is a win but this was another ugly one that is hard to feel great about outside of individual performances.

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
Hopefully Thompson packed more than one bag for the week, because he should be heading straight to Rochester before this roadtrip ends.

He’s shown some small flashes, but overall nothing much of value. Send him down now, get him going in the right direction and maybe he’s able to provide something on his next go-around later this year.

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
Honestly, our 4th line is better than our 3rd line. Hell even Girgs has done well so far this season. Hopefully as dudes get called up from The Roch we can fix that void.

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Checked into the GDT a coupy times. Glad we got a win. Saw Dahlins goal and thought that was a great effort from Skinner

On to the next one! Good win boys

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Hopefully Thompson packed more than one bag for the week, because he should be heading straight to Rochester before this roadtrip ends.

He’s shown some small flashes, but overall nothing much of value. Send him down now, get him going in the right direction and maybe he’s able to provide something on his next go-around later this year.

This is getting so overplayed.

If Thompson goes down, Mittelstadt better be holding his hand on the bus because his play has been much worse.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
They've been relying on their goalies way too much in their wins. If either of them have an off night you get the Colorado game. If Lehner is still their starter they maybe have 1 win.
If they continue to get good goaltending it will to improve the way the entire team plays. If it doesn't, fire Housley. When players trust the goaltending they can settle into a system. They only have to do their own job and not worry about whether their teammates are doing theirs because they have confidence in the goalie. You can't play sound positional hockey if you're scrambling to cover for teammates because your goalie is a sieve. They can play aggressive knowing a turnover isn't going to be an automatic goal against.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
G:
Ullmark
Dahlin
Skinner
1st Line
Mitts

B:
3rd Pairing as usual
Sabres coasting in the 3rd with their lead yet again
Refs calling multiple BS penalties

U:
Yotes, seriously they put on a ton of pressure and have nothing to show for it. I feel bad for the fans of that team.

Don't feel bad for them - feel bad for us. They look ready to turn the corner.

I haven't seen real 5v5 improvement from this team. They're getting wins but so far it's been due to goaltending.

Reactions: SharkInABoloTie

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Amazing: We kept Ullmark for nothingness+Will gritty Carrier. We acquired Skinner for a bunch of meh.

I am happy after I watched this game. Even though we were outshot, it felt like the quality on the roster we had made us be in control. That is important, getting a competent dominating team is also important so do still get ridding of the fool stood behind the bench.

Edit: I forgot, thanks to Pens, who basically gifted us Sheary. He isnt amazing, but he has good chemistry with Jack and Sam and can actually burry chances and thats what we here expect of him I thing for the rest of the seaso . He has well exceeded my expecations.

Last edited:

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
For what it's worth Arizona has played that way in every game they've played. Buzzing constantly and carrying the play but can't create good enough looks to score.

Reactions: brian_griffin

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
G- win!
- shutout win!
- 3 goals in the win!
- Coyotes jerseys!

B- the way OEL landed on his elbow & fore arm when Bergie flipped him.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Watched the game this morning.

G: A 3-0 win where Ullmark got his first shutout and Dahlin got his first goal. Tough to be too upset about that.
Nice to see Skinner get a goal, nice move. He's had some good effort overall and finally saw some rewards this game.
Sheary-Eichel-Reinhart are still clicking.
Sheary is probably the only forward who can both quickly fire a shot off and do it accurately, except maybe Eichel...

B: ... which is a little scary for a team of supposed NHL level talent.

U: I see a lot of the Sabres in Arizona's team. Can't seem to get dangerous chances without stellar individual efforts. We just have a little more in the way of talent and were a bit more opportunistic this game. I see people saying Arizona dominated possession, and fancy stats aside that may support that, it didn't feel like either team ever had control of this game IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: SharkInABoloTie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->