Eichel-Reinhart-Sheary continues to grow
Mitts-Skinner-Okposo had a few chances

B:
I didn't think we played very well
Arizona dictated most of the pace, and won most of the draws
Line 2 was a black hole of speed
Beaulieu and McCabe fighting the puck a lot

U:
Our forecheck plan. Someone please tell me what Housley's plan is. We always back up in a trap-eske setup, but then we give the blue-line immediately, so our defensive posture sucks. We're never aggressive on the forecheck.
Our transition wasn't good tonight

Still, a win. And Dahlin scores!

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
G:
Ullmark
Skinner
Dahlin

B:
Thought everyone else was mediocre to bad

U:
Risto-Scandella need to get it together

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Good:
Dahlin- you could see toward the end he was getting a little more comfortable towards the

Ullmark- he was really really solid. Arizona isn’t a great team but he completely shut them down.

Eichel- at the end making a nice defensive play. He’s really becoming more than a scorer. Effort is definitely there. That means a lot.

Skinner- first Sabres goal.

Bad:
Not much, giving up too many shots, but still 3-0 win is a win all the same.

Ugly:
Sobotka- in the way I want my bottom six grit guy to be ugly. He just looks like he’ll agitate and annoy people. We’ve needed one since Kaleta left.

Reactions: Dingo44

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Sabres all too often looked like a virgin on his/her wedding night. Just jittery as all get out. Some very good individual plays but what scrambly and disorganized play through a lot of the game. How sweet it is to win though!

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Good
- Dahlin first goal. Besides that he looked great as usual too.

- Ullmark first shutout. At first I was a little worried about some rebounds but he settled down and made many key saves. He must know he needed it to earn some more games.

- Skinner first Sabres goal and multipoint. Well deserved...guy has crazy puck skills.

- Girgensons as a 4LW. He seems to be doing really well in that role defensively, forechecking, using speed. I like it.

- Reinhart, Sheary, Rodrigues were all pretty good again I thought.

Bad

I'm not really convinced we have more than 1 true top-4 D right now.

Reactions: Rasmi

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Thoughts from the GDT:

Just happy with wins at this point. We came out playing great, got ahead, and Arizona just pushed the rest of the game. Bent but didn't break in that we didn't concede too many truly good scoring chances. I LOVED Jack tonight. Him and Sam are both playing like the go-to guys that they are. That shift in the 3rd by Jack in his own end where he lost his stick, got it back, and saved a goal was so impressive. Just raw effort.

Arizona have 2 goals in 4 games and haven't scored even strength yet... they just cycle cycle cycle and no one except Keller has the skill to create anything. Woof.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
They've been relying on their goalies way too much in their wins. If either of them have an off night you get the Colorado game. If Lehner is still their starter they maybe have 1 win.

Reactions: slip

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
U: Whoever's responsible for the music at that arena. Terrible remixes the entire night.

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
G:
- We are currently 3rd in the Atlantic
- Ullmark was fantastic
- Jacks two way game and compete level are coming along nicely
- Eichel->Reinhart->Sheary in the slot is looking like a nice play to try on the pp
- Skinner Mitts and Dahlin

B:
- A lot, the entire third period looked like the team of past seasons that couldn't breakout and transition into the o-zone
- McCabe Beaulieu and Nelson all are playing much too high in the lineup for their talent level

U:
- Arizona not being able to generate a lot of high danger scoring chances while controlling possession in the 3rd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad