How should Dubas respond to trade calls for each player (poll)

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Link to the poll: How should Dubas respond to trade calls for each player?

I am stealing this concept from a recent Bruins board thread: Link

Consider these options all within reason - of course we listen if we're offered Drai and McDavid for Matthews, but it is not happening.

Not included are prospect, NMC, or expiring UFA contracts heading to UFA.

Multiple votes from the same IP are flagged for review and deletion.

RESULTS (Will be updated occasionally)

"Don't bother calling.”
  • Matthews (100%!)
  • Rielly
“Make it quick, I’m hanging up.”
  • Nylander
  • Hyman
  • Robertson
  • Mikheyev
  • Muzzin
  • Sandin
  • Liljegren
  • Campbell
“Let’s talk business.”
  • Marner
  • Kerfoot
  • Engvall
  • Malgin
  • Gauthier
  • Rodrigues
  • Holl
  • Rosen
  • Marincin
  • Dermott
  • Andersen

Last edited:
Reactions: ToneDog

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
lol someone is spamming the poll and Google is just auto deleting their answers.

Reactions: kb

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Nah... the right answer, is always listen to the offer, on anyone. That's not on your poll, so no point answering.

3 of the 4 options are listening.

They vary by being more or less eager to find a trade - obviously we would be more open to options for Kerfoot than we would Muzzin. There are a few key players I am interested in seeing this distinction for.

Last edited:
Reactions: qqaz

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Matthews is the only untouchable. He should listen on anyone else.

I think I agree with this, although I find it hard to believe we would get a decent off for Muzzin that would be a net positive for us. I'd still listen, but I wouldn't be eager.

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
I think I agree with this, although I find it hard to believe we would get a decent off for Muzzin that would be a net positive for us. I'd still listen, but I wouldn't be eager.

Just curious...whats with the Islanders photo as a fan of the Leafs? no BS coming from me im genuinely curious...Im sure I've seen you commenting here before on more than one occasion so I know you're a Leafs fan...but seriously the Islanders?

Reactions: Merrrlin

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Just curious...whats with the Islanders photo as a fan of the Leafs? no BS coming from me im genuinely curious...Im sure I've seen you commenting here before on more than one occasion so I know you're a Leafs fan...but seriously the Islanders?

It's a golf club...just a little banter with some fans of mine that follow me around and harass me on this site.

Reactions: JayfromNB1219

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Islanders are a very well run team. Constant growth over the past two seasons under their current GM and coach. I would say a franchise to model after.

Anyway. I would listen on anyone, including Matthews. Matthews to me doesn't have the drive of a champion. I hope to be proven wrong about that, but I dont think I will. I think he'll always be a very good player, that people will say we expected more out of him.

Marner at least appears to have drive to me, but not nearly worth his contract, so I would easily listen on him as well.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Results so far:

RESULTS

"Don't bother calling.”
  • Matthews (100%!)
  • Rielly
“Make it quick, I’m hanging up.”
  • Nylander
  • Hyman
  • Robertson
  • Mikheyev
  • Muzzin
  • Sandin
  • Liljegren
  • Campbell
“Let’s talk business.”
  • Marner
  • Kerfoot
  • Engvall
  • Malgin
  • Gauthier
  • Rodrigues
  • Holl
  • Rosen
  • Marincin
  • Dermott
  • Andersen

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Meh. That is just emotion and not logic. What possible gain would the leafs have from moving someone like Roberson in a cap strapped world. Just a waste of time to consider because a player like him gives the team a lot more flexibility.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Well if Ken Holland called and wanted to do a McDavid for Matthews I am listening.

So much for the poll...

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Well if Ken Holland called and wanted to do a McDavid for Matthews I am listening.

So much for the poll...

I was hoping people could be realistic and not pedantic. That offer won't ever come. Would you listen to a reasonable deal?

Reactions: Beleafer34

RebuildYear5

Sep 24, 2020
"Dont bother calling"

Rielly
Sandin
Engvall
Marner
Mikheyev
Matthew's
Robertson
Draft picks/prospects

"Make it quick, I'm hanging up"

Hyman
Muzzin
Tavares
Liljegren
Johnsson

"Let's talk business"

Holl
Rosen
Malgin
Kerfoot
Dermott
Gauthier
Marincin
Nylander
Andersen
Campbell
Rodrigues

Last edited:

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Matthews is the only untouchable. He should listen on anyone else.
I would not put Matthews in the untouchable category.!!!.

He can walk at the end of his final year of his contract and our Leafs can't trade him if he is unwilling to re-sign during his final year.

I think you listen to offers on him, and if you get blown away, you trade him before he gets to leave with nothing to show for having had him.

That NTC in the final year of his contract speaks volumes to me about his desire to choose his next team exclusively. He doesn't want to have to report to another NHL team temporarily on his way to signing with his hometown Arizona Coyotes. I bet this has already been Bettman approved.!!!.

JMHO.

Reactions: egd27

RebuildYear5

Sep 24, 2020
I would not put Matthews in the untouchable category.!!!.

He can walk at the end of his final year of his contract and our Leafs can't trade him if he is unwilling to re-sign during his final year.

I think you listen to offers on him, and if you get blown away, you trade him before he gets to leave with nothing to show for having had him.

That NTC in the final year of his contract speaks volumes to me about his desire to choose his next team exclusively. He doesn't want to have to report to another NHL team temporarily on his way to signing with his hometown Arizona Coyotes. I bet this has already been Bettman approved.!!!.

JMHO.

Good points, but if were talking about this year & next hes locked in my books.

His value should keep going up, why be open to trades when you dont know what his peak is?

Only downfall he has are those turnovers, he makes some bad passes back to the defense and most of the time it turns into a 2-on-1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad