Sportsnet: How Senators’ Chabot stacks up against Karlsson, team history

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
:huh: Imagine if there was a team lucky enough to have had these two players on the same team at the same time. Your defence could be set for years.

It doesn't really seem like you want to let this go, seems more like you want it to keep it going

Reactions: BoardsofCanada

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
It doesn't really seem like you want to let this go, seems more like you want it to keep it going

I mean it's a valid point is it not?

Karlsson - Chabot would be the best defensive duo in the league for the next 10 years.

Reactions: BatherSeason

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I don't think it's really fair to compare Chabot to Karlsson but the fact that it's not crazy to do so is a real compliment to how well Chabot has played so far in his career.

Chabot is awesome. So is Karlsson. One still plays here so I'm good with heaping praise on him when deserved.

Good on ya Chabot. Keep up the good work.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Not sure what you are getting at. Its definitely a valid discussion point in a thread to discuss an article comparing Chabot to Karlsson. Even the biggest Karlsson haters have to admit that they would be pretty electric together, it's not like it couldn't have happened.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Not sure what you are getting at. Its definitely a valid discussion point in a thread to discuss an article comparing Chabot to Karlsson. Even the biggest Karlsson haters have to admit that they would be pretty electric together, it's not like it couldn't have happened.

Weren't you just saying the other day that we need to move on from this? That's whay you said no?

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

Karlsson - Chabot would be the best defensive duo in the league for the next 10 years.

If you say so i guess

You think Karlsson will be in the league in 10 years?

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Weren't you just saying the other day that we need to move on from this? That's whay you said no?
Never said it in a thread created to discuss Karlsson and Chabot. Karlsson's name is in the title of the thread, why wouldn't he be discussed?

Reactions: DrEasy

supsens

Oct 6, 2013

You need your winger to play D while Karlsson is on the ice,it’s not all sunshine and lollipops.
Plus after 32 production tails off if he doesn’t figure out a shut down role he will be reduced to PP and favorable ice time.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
You need your winger to play D while Karlsson is on the ice,it’s not all sunshine and lollipops.
Plus after 32 production tails off if he doesn’t figure out a shut down role he will be reduced to PP and favorable ice time.

You don't know what you're talking about.

I mean it isn't even Karlssons style to play deep in the offensive zone or make rushes to the net.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
You don't know what you're talking about.

I mean it isn't even Karlssons style to play deep in the offensive zone or make rushes to the net.

If that is not his "style" then he's had to change his game

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
If that is not his "style" then he's had to change his game

It was never his style. Karlsson carried the puck to gain the zone and establish position.

Very rarely would he try and go coast to coast.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad