How rose coloured are your specs?

On a scale of 1 to 10 (1=not at all, 5=average, 10=very much) how rose tinted are your specs?

• Total voters

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I mean in the moment we are all awful. Everything posted in a GDT thread is nonsense. Some do a better job of taking a step back out of the moment than others, though.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
I would say 6, and I consider myself to be reasonably unbiased.

Anyone voting for less than 4 is hilariously wrong...
Live shot of these posters taking off their rose-coloured glasses to vote in this poll:
tenor.gif

PS: @buzzbee I'm glad you're from England. It's nice to see "colour" spelt properly. :laugh:

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
As far as NHL go I am pretty objective, simply because I don't care that much for obvious reasons. Totally different when it comes to Swedish hockey and players that said it's not always in favor of swedes, dislike some of them(from rivaling clubs etc) more than I care about any Canadian.

Voted 7.

Last edited:

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
As a Flames supporter, my RCG/60 was about an 8.00 going into the All Star Weekend last year.

Keeping in mind it took me the better part of 15 years to get to that point.

Silly me.......

I'm now sitting at a solid 2-3.

I expect nothing from the Flames anymore, and my life is better for it.

It's been like a weight lifted off my shoulders!!

buzzbee

nude hockey player
Aug 8, 2005
Bracknell (UK)
Being an English man, I did the same poll on a UK hockey forum (www.thehockeyforum.co.uk). I didn’t do it with the idea of comparing, but it is interesting to see the differences. Is there a difference in bias or in honesty? At present, on the NHL forum, 62% have put 5 or below, with 3 being the most popular answer, while on the UK forum, only 51% say less than 5, with 7 as the most popular answer.

I suspect this is a fair reflection. I think in the UK, sports fans have a much more tribal way of supporting their teams. Anything that goes against our team tends to infuriate us.

I also think it has a lot to do with knowledge of the game and the rules. A hockey fan growing up in N. America will see far more hockey on TV, with all the analysis and expert opinion that goes with it, so fans on your side of the pond will have a better understanding, much as Football fans do in the UK, where football (Of course, I am referring to proper football, not that daft game where the ball rarely goes near a foot :huh:) is on TV 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year. A better understanding of the game will make people more likely to accept when their player has crossed the line

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad