How perform SKA if play in NHL league?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I question it's defense. Slava Voynov is a solid dman but was he ever considered a #1 or potential to be a #1 when he was in the NHL? Belov is the only other one that I am familiar with. He played 1 season for the Oilers in 13-14 and was considered a 5/6/7 dman, and that was a terrible defense core. Having him as your #2 might not be a good thing. Here is the list of the other defenceman on the Oilers that year:

Brad Hunt
Denis Grebeshkov
Mark Fraser From Toronto
Ladislav Smid To Calgary
Taylor Fedun
Oscar Klefbom
Nick Schultz To Columbus
Corey Potter To Boston
Martin Marincin
Philip Larsen
Jeff Petry
Andrew Ference
Justin Schultz

I personally think Yakovlev is better than Belov.

I'd have the defensive pairings

Yakovlev-Voynov
Belov-Chudinov
Khafizullin-Hersley
Zub

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
If this team was to play in the NHL, I would take anyone over Hersley. And if that anyone happens to be Zub, so much the better.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Belov right now best KHL D)

and he was the season previous to joining the Oilers as well, but that still didn't help. Now how much of that had to do with Eakins or the transition between the NA game and European game or differant ice surfaces, who knows. However if you were to ask me if I think Belov is a #2 dman on an NHL team, especially a playoff team, my answer will be no. And with that said I liked Belov when he was in Edmonton, I was hoping he would stick around for another season. However he decided that it was in his best interest to rejoin the KHL and it was worked out really well for him.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Belov right now best KHL D)
This response in context of the quote that you were quoting is extremely bad for the case you're trying to make. If I were trying to make the case that SKA would be competitive and someone brought that up I would respond "Oh well see, Belov is actually maybe just our 3rd or 4th best D but I have him in the top pairing for chemistry reasons". But the honesty is appreciated :laugh: :clap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad