how on earth did Ovechkin win the Smythe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordieHowsUrBreath

Nostalgia... STOP DWELLING ON THE PAST
Jun 16, 2016
crosby drew the toughest matchups and kessel only outscored him by 4 points, and kessel doesn't play defense you can never give him mvp over crosby

kuznetsov played on the same line as ovi and outplayed and outscored him

the caps won the cup because holtby finally played in the playoffs like the vezina winner he was in the regular season

this is not even a valid comparison, you guys just like to crap on crosby every chance you get

GordieHowsUrBreath

Jun 16, 2016
Troll thread mods should lock and ban.

Ovie was easily best player to anyone watching. Holtby wasn't consistent enough and Kuznetsov was only impressive on stat sheet.

One of the best Smythes since lockout.

oh look it's the guy that thought he would "jinx" the pens any time he started a fake praising them

i'm actually glad to see our little brothers finally get the cup, it actually makes the pens look better

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
I thought Kuznetsov should have won it, but I tend to agree with post #7.

Ovechkin certainly isn't a wildly undeserving candidate. He's probably atleast on par if not a better candidate than Holtby. Then Ovie gets the nod over Kuz because its Ovie, that's just the reality of it.

Reactions: JenniferH

illpucks

May 26, 2011
oh look it's the guy that thought he would "jinx" the pens any time he started a fake praising them

i'm actually glad to see our little brothers finally get the cup, it actually makes the pens look better
You just confirmed your a Pens fan trolling the Caps

Ovie had better Smythe than Crosby in any year. Must kill you inside.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
i watched every washington game and he was not their best player, it was holtby or kuznetsov

worse smythe ever? i say yes

Prove in point in why the Smythe should not be as highly valued as it is on these boards. It's not given to the best player in the playoffs, it's given to the most popular.

Reactions: Eisen

CanuckGame39

Oct 13, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
i watched every washington game and he was not their best player, it was holtby or kuznetsov

worse smythe ever? i say yes
tenor.gif

GordieHowsUrBreath

Jun 16, 2016
You just confirmed your a Pens fan trolling the Caps

Ovie had better Smythe than Crosby in any year. Must kill you inside.

yeah i'm a pens fan, how could you not be?

crosby has 3 cups and no ovie did not best crosby's smythe year, must kill you inside and you are the one that decided to make this a crosby thread, this is about ovie getting outplayed by 2 of his teammates not crosby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad