How often do you watch your favorite team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
Usually I watch every game but last year I just couldn't do it anymore. After years with Sacco and Roy (who was even worse) this thing the Avs did and which certainly didn't look like hockey in that season simply was too bad and wasn't deserving of any loyalty at all. I'll be back this season, though.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I think I watched about 70 games last season. The number has been going up each year. So many hours of sleep gone. :help:

OilerPensfan97

Feb 27, 2014
Saint John, NB
I watch as many as I can, although few are actually live due to my schedule. With 2 favourite teams, I can't watch them all if they conflict, but all in all, I watch more than 82 games.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Every game, just about every year. I think I missed a few games one or two years, when the product was really bad and had been going on for a few seasons. But outside of that, every game.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
I don't necessarily have a favourite team, but I watch Oilers and Jets whenever I can.

Probably combined 90 games from them last year, then maybe 80 other games.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The only reason I miss a game is work.

And I've watched games at work when the opportunity has presented itself.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I watch every game I can, but the schedules make it tough. Especially the west coast games are pretty much impossible.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
The people that come on these boards to discuss hockey are the most die hard, Passionite hockey fans out there. Seldom will you ever see a casual fan on these boards so I expect most posters to watch as many games as they possibly can.
The people that go out of there way to go on a website to discuss hockey with other fans that are just as passionate about the sport as themselves are in the .1% of hockey fans, the fanatics.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Every game.

If you're not voting for AT LEAST "sometimes", how would you be considered a fan?

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Every game I can watch. I'm going to be a senior in high school and I remember the day Buch debuted I was at a party and at the persons house (who's a friend of mine) I turned on the TV just to watch. Watched most of it or whenever I passed by the TV obviously I didn't sit alone. No one else is a fan of hockey over in Jersey though lol. Dedication.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
The people that come on these boards to discuss hockey are the most die hard, Passionite hockey fans out there. Seldom will you ever see a casual fan on these boards so I expect most posters to watch as many games as they possibly can.
The people that go out of there way to go on a website to discuss hockey with other fans that are just as passionate about the sport as themselves are in the .1% of hockey fans, the fanatics.

yup. unless your favorite team is the Avs or something and you lost interest a bit this year I guess it's understandable, I'd still watch every game though. I doubt anyone on these boards chooses not to watch their favorite team play when they have nothing better to do though.

LaFan1967

Sep 2, 2007
I watch every game I can, but the schedules make it tough. Especially the west coast games are pretty much impossible.

on the West coast . it's the East coast games that are impossible , starting
times of 4:30 with a rush hour drive home of over an hour means missing
1/2 the game or more , on the east coast your only losing sleep :sarcasm:

DVR for the win

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Where's the "Every single game" option...?

Haven't missed a Flames game in over 5 years. The last game that I missed was the Flames/Flyers game 7 or so years ago. It was an afternoon game and I was in school but even then, I went to my Math teacher's homeroom during lunch and watched the OT and Shootout with her.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
I use to watch every game and even skip out on things with friends to watch the Leafs play. Now of course as soon as we get a good team that kind of changed. A mixture of school + work + girlfriend + friends really took a toll on how many games I got to see.

In the past it was only really school I had to work around which wasn't hard to do. With work last year I moved onto a manager position which meant 8 hour shifts 2-3 times a week which were usually Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday covering 3 big hockey days. Then I was working around my girlfriend (or soon to be girlfriend for a first part of the season) which added up to being another couple nights a week. Then friends but fortunately my group spent a good portion of the day on campus together which wasn't bad.

Since then I quit my previous job and took a new part time one that has a lot less demands for the school year and my girlfriend and I are at a stage now where she can come over while I watch and either watch it with me or do whatever. I'm hoping to get in more than half a season this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad