How much of a case does Elias Lindholm have for the selke?

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Almost 55% in the face off dot, some great underlying numbers, +28 (yes, I know it’s not that useful, but voters look at it), and having a huge offensive season. Also one of our best pkers as well. How much of a case does he have, and where does he end up in voting (top 5, top 10, top 20, not at all)?

Reactions: crossbownerf

Zephyrr

Dec 6, 2018
BC
He has been great this season on both sides of the puck. That trade worked out well for Calgary. Not sure how much Selke recognition he will get but he should be in the conversation at least.

Reactions: super6646

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Isn't he a wing and centered by Monahan? Maybe he takes draws on the PK or if it's on the the draw is on the right side sometimes?

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Isn't he a wing and centered by Monahan? Maybe he takes draws on the PK or if it's on the the draw is on the right side sometimes?
Peters has liked to have guys take faceoffs on their strong sides for a while now. Even dating back to when he was in Carolina he'd have Staal and Lindholm on the same line and which one took the draw would depend on what side the draw was on.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Cenzhin

Mar 2, 2018
Calgary
Selke is basically a reputation trophy now so probably a very low chance if any. Also you have to play center or you have zero chance.

StLHokie

May 27, 2014
North Carolina
Almost 55% in the face off dot, some great underlying numbers, +28 (yes, I know it’s not that useful, but voters look at it), and having a huge offensive season. Also one of our best pkers as well. How much of a case does he have, and where does he end up in voting (top 5, top 10, top 20, not at all)?
ROR has been better than Lindholm, and he likely won't even win it....

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Selke is basically a reputation trophy now so probably a very low chance if any. Also you have to play center or you have zero chance.
Wingers don't have zero chance that Dallas guy got two . Just less likely , but if he wants to win he has to start getting votes this year and then maybe in four or five years he can win it

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Who's the last winger to win it? Jere Lehtinen almost 2 decades ago?

He pretty much has no shot but he's still one hell of a defensive player.

Cenzhin

Mar 2, 2018
Calgary
Wingers don't have zero chance that Dallas guy got two . Just less likely , but if he wants to win he has to start getting votes this year and then maybe in four or five years he can win it
Only 4 different wingers have won it in the 40 years the trophy has been awarded, the last one being before the lockout. Safe to say that the trophy has evolved into a center-oriented trophy.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Only 4 different wingers have won it in the 40 years the trophy has been awarded, the last one being before the lockout. Safe to say that the trophy has evolved into a center-oriented trophy.
Once bergeron kopitar and toews all finally suck they will need new blood and if there is a decent defensive winger I could see one winning it . I could see marchand winning it before lindholm tho.

Not maybe coaches use a system where the winger is expected to carry a line defensively tho. Maybe stone as well

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Almost no chance. Playing wing and the media takes like 3 years to make a decision.

Who cares though, he's been great all year and I actually think he's picked up his play lately. Gaudreau and Monahan go cold and he just keeps chugging. They put him with Backlund and they looked dangerous all night.

I'm still shocked how good he is.

debil

Sep 23, 2006
he should among top candidates based on his performance this season. However, im perfectly fine if he does not get big award after one good season, could be demotivating, inflating his future contract, etc.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

Bc it belongs to Bergeron

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
The last winger to win it was Jere Lehtinen 16 years ago. Can't see it happening especially when Bergeron is still in his prime.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I'd definitely put him in the top 10. Mayyyybe top 5. Very little chance he'll win it though, it's for full time centers and I totally understand why.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad