OT: How much is your Home phone, TV, Internet bill? Bundled?

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Got a question about hockeystream. If I watch a Vancouver game, which play-by-play will I listen to? Vancouver's or the other team's? Thanks.

You can watch either, that's the beauty of it. Very often you choose which team's stream you want to watch.

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB
Calgary Shaw - All three ~$130
Basic Cable with HD channels - no theme packs
Telephone with 500 minutes LD
Broadband 50

Finkle is Einhorn

Oct 13, 2003
Visit site
$175/month for cable and internet through Shaw, and I'm very seriously considering dropping cable altogether. For that price I don't even get many HD channels.

Looking into upping my internet plan and using a Mac Mini as a media center along with hockeystreams. Would kill for Novus but since I don't live in a Novus building I suppose Shaw's 100mb/s plan is the best I can do. Keep my monthly bill to around $100.

Seatoo

Never Stop Poasting
Oct 19, 2012
Okanagan
Approx ~$30 for fax line, home line and work line with Vonage with unlimited worldwide calling except to places like Afghanistan and Uganda, whatever it was for a year of hockeystreams and Netflix ($8 I think?) through AppleTV. And approx $130 for 2 cell phones with 6 gigs of shared data and unlimited NA talk and text blah blah blah

I am seriously considering getting cable just so I can watch NFL though...anyone know of an NFL version of hockeystreams? I normally airplay it onto whichever TV I am closest to but have a mac mini on the big tv as an entertainment station for our downloaded stuff if there are no "flash free" streams available.

Seatoo

Never Stop Poasting
Oct 19, 2012
Okanagan
Shaw called me last night and offered me basic cable TV with a gateway system, one free theme pack and time shifting for $10 no contract.

Also anyone know of an NFL hockeystreams?

Rocky-

Aug 2, 2005
I was once around $200 a couple years back with Shaw including taxes. Switched to Telus with 9 theme packs, internet 15 and phone basic (plus extra theme pack, free box rentals) for about $120 amonth) for a year. Then up to about $150 for 6 months- another lesser deal for 6 months and then about $30 more after that. Except I've made some changes. Took out the extra theme pack and special 4 pack at $15, added Netflix, the big one though is I switched the phone to VoIP saving close to $30 a month including taxes and getting phone service with 45 calling features plus free long distance in N. America and 60 min. free elsewhere, 2 phone lines, etc. for about $12 a month total over 2 years. Huge savings and the quality is really good, the features way better. I'd seriously consider downsizing the cable as well but not totally in my control but I do a lot more watching through the net- what I want and when I want for less and for free in many cases.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
206$ with Bell, but that is due to the Centre Ice package. My Internet also pretty expensive because I always go with the highest package available. If you drop home phone (which I should), then it'd be cheaper too.

Ziostilon

Feb 14, 2009
People are still pulling off the DISH network and DirecTV in Canada?

I thought that was done for

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad