OT: How much is your Home phone, TV, Internet bill? Bundled?

Ziostilon

Feb 14, 2009
Lots of people don't even have a home phone anymore, Cellular only.
But that method doesn't really work if you live in a dead zone.

Do you have it all bundled? Home Phone, TV, Internet

Personally its $112/month with Shaw Cable for all three

sk8er

Nov 8, 2008
We just switched from shaw to telus this month, so don't really know yet, but we have all four services with telus, home phone, cell. Cable and internet......there is a $5.00 credit for having all four services with them. We had extras on shaw cable and three services. And it was about $142.00 per month.

Yes,I got a new 42"tv from telus...........:naughty:

TacitEndorsement

Jul 2, 2009
About 130 for Internet and Cable with Telus. I have the intermediate Internet speed, and the Cable package that lets me choose 6 "theme packs".

gobi

Feb 9, 2006
Paradise, BC
I am with Shaw. I have internet with TV (with sports bundle) for about $77 (incl tax). I bought the pvr outright.

Superpest

Undrafted Free Agent
May 20, 2009
Cascadia
It was 109 for just internet and HD cable. We split it between the 3 of us though so it came to just over 36 bucks ea.

We recently signed up for a promotion one so lets hope this one is cheaper.

All with Shaw.

I hate the new user interface on shaw tv though. So laggy

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
$50 for internet only, got rid of cable a month ago and got hockeystreams (the only reason I had cable was to watch live sports).

BassMason

Dec 1, 2006
$50 for Shaw basic cable and internet. Get it through the apartment complex im in. Downside is no Sportsnet Vancouver.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Just call in and cancel, they'll pass you over to a retention office and you'll save a ton, my cell phone went from $87 a month to $32.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
109 is the current rate for the shaw basic internet/tv/phone bundle. the basic cable is now 3990, comes with sportsnet and tsn and includes a free hd box rental. internet is either 55/month for 10 megs or 60 bucks for 25 megs.

I work for shaw by the way, and I can tell you that in western canada there isn't much of a way to game the system or exploit loopholes to get lower rates. It's either Telus or Shaw and there's no secrets between the two in terms of pricing/packaging. You can jump back and forth and get introductory promotions if you don't mind the hassle, or you can call in and argue with the retention departments if you don't mind the hassle.

My advice is to cancel your cable and stream everything, but if you need TV for hockey the Shaw package is pretty good. 40 bucks a month for all the Canucks games in HD (I'm a shill)

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
Around 80 bucks with Novus. Internet is blazing fast due to low users.
Love Novus! I have internet and just basic cable with them, currently priced at $61.60 :). Thinking about cutting the cable since i only have it for the Canucks and bumping up to the 50 Mbps internet package.

$50 for internet only, got rid of cable a month ago and got hockeystreams (the only reason I had cable was to watch live sports).
This is what i want to do as well. Hockeystreams has really been a wonderful addition. I think i watch more junior hockey now than NHL hockey.

Right now, I'm researching devices like appletv/chromecast/roku so my TV isn't entirely wasted. Anyone have any recommendations?

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
Our bill last month was $172 and that is Shaw. Maybe it is time to look at some updated bundles/packages. Wish individual channels were available.

Also internet service is **** right now. I am about ready to get pissed off at them over the phone.

Last edited:

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Love Novus! I have internet and just basic cable with them, currently priced at $61.60 :). Thinking about cutting the cable since i only have it for the Canucks and bumping up to the 50 Mbps internet package.

:handclap:

Yeah Novus rocks! I bought the HD Adventure pack, because I love my documentaries/travel.

gobi

Feb 9, 2006
Paradise, BC
I am thinking of cutting my cable TV as well and just go with hockeystream but maybe next year. If I go with hockeystream now, I have to pay for the full price but less one month of hockey (unless its rate is prorated?).

I also find that I use my TV less often now. I have my cable hooked my to my slingbox and then use my tablet to watch games. It is so much more convenient.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
I am thinking of cutting my cable TV as well and just go with hockeystream but maybe next year. If I go with hockeystream now, I have to pay for the full price but less one month of hockey (unless its rate is prorated?).

I also find that I use my TV less often now. I have my cable hooked my to my slingbox and then use my tablet to watch games. It is so much more convenient.

Cut cable and get hockeystreams, thats what I did—totally worth it. Cable is ****ing useless when you can download any show you follow.

StringerBell

You'll probably still save a bunch of money despite missing that month.

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
This is what i want to do as well. Hockeystreams has really been a wonderful addition. I think i watch more junior hockey now than NHL hockey.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the service. If not for all the school work, I'd be watching so much more junior hockey too. I've highlighted a couple of games to watch based on your comments in the Prospects thread and I'm really looking forward to them!

I think my family's paying around $110 for Internet+TV (with sports and Asian channels).

Wizeman*

I have all three. I have Direct tv with 3 receivers , highest speed internet with a wireless router for 5 computers, 1 netbook, 2 ipads and our 3 cell phones to piggy back off of. We also have unlimited data on our phone.

Total ? $256 for everyting, but if I made my wife and daughter pay it would be $86 each for all three of us.

Pretty darn cheap for what we get if you ask me.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Boyfriend and I have Optik TV from Telus which is $86/mo with 9 packages + movie channels. I like the quality of the picture a lot.

Home phones are slowly becoming extinct.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad