How much is Grigorenko worth?

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Such a frustrating player to watch. I'm glad he's doing well in the KHL and I'm equally glad he's no longer part of the AVS org.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
[NHL2]c-47372103[/NHL2]

That level of on-ice apathy has nothing to do with the coach or the circumstances of the season.
Very sad this video of him being out-skated for the length of the rink by Michael Del Zotto is no longer showing up.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Darn, won't play for me for some reason.

I'm not disagreeing with anyone regarding the culture being flat this season, but remember guys, "the culture "WAS" flat. That's my point. It's not the norm. These boys have bounce back in them in spades.

People complain about the previous two seasons under Roy, but guess what, right up until the last handful of games, we were right up to our eyeballs in the playoff hunt.

And I also think people aren't giving them due validation as to why we were flat. If we were a perennial P/O team, and had that season, people would be like, "what a shocker, we'll bounce back". It's just that we struggled the two years before that as well.

I could counter that video with something like this:
Grigs wins the puck along the boards behind their net, passes it around to Barrie, goes into the dirty area around their net, pushes (fairly) Hamhuis to get his 4th goal of the season.

Grigs and Iggy on the PP. Good times...

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Yeah Grigo was too slow for us, and I can't imagine he's become any faster. If you could somehow shelter show, skilled, perimeter players in the NHL at 5 on 5 I think he could be a useful powerplay guy, but that ship has long since sailed.

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
Grigorenko oozes talent, but he's just one of those guys that is not suited to playing on small ice at the highest level. He needs time and space to be effective and he has no physical game of which to speak, which you can get away with on big ice or in junior but not in the NHL. If the NHL were played on big ice, it'd be a slower game and I have no doubt that Grigorenko would be in the league still. He'd be a good player.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
You mean the laziness?

He plays a a style that is very non physical and skill based. I don’t think he’s necessarily a lazy player, but he needs space and time to play his game. And you don’t get that in the NHL. I mean his pure natural skill set is incredible.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
Ugh...can this thread die again please? I was fine with not thinking about this big oaf any longer...

There's nothing to debate. He's not an NHL player. Period. And he'll likely never come back. I wish him well in the KHL, but good riddance to both him and Joe Cold-born.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->