How much is Grigorenko worth?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Kind saying the same thing as Sakics Snowblower, but a 30 point player you want should be at least a hard working player. A lazy 30 point player is a terrible thing to have on a team.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I'm as harsh a critic as anyone regarding Beauchemin but really... who would YOU have played? A top-4 requires 4 defensemen. We've got EJ and Barrie; Zadorov was brought along slowly to start the season. Surely we wouldn't have been playing Wiercioch/Tyutin/Goloubef/Gelinas in a top-4 role?

Then EJ goes down. Then Zadorov goes down. It never stopped. Even with Barberio brought in, there was always a need in the top-4.

Anyways, back to Grigo; just get him out of here. Seems like a really nice dude but I want players who hate losing more than they like winning. He seems like a guy who is ok with losing so long as things aren't too difficult for him.

That's not really the point but I'll answer the question anyways :

I would have played and leaned on EJ, Zadorov and Barrie with heavy minutes early and more limited minutes to Tyutin (who didn't look that bad for the first half of the season) Weircioch (also didn't look too bad for the first 20-30 games of the season) and beauchemin lesser minutes because he didn't deserve 20+ minutes per night playing the way he was.

The point is that #32 never got a reduction in minutes even though through the first 30 games of the season, he was EASILY the worst defender on our team single-handedly costing us goals nightly with terrible pinches and bad reads that kept leading to odd-man rushes the other way. This KEPT HAPPENING and his minutes stayed the same. At some point, even a Tyutin playing within his limited skillset is a better option than that.

And he had the audacity to call-out the rest of his teammates...he's completely delusional as would attest this article from 2 days ago that I found randomly just now :

http://www.les2rives.com/sports/hoc...xplique-mal-la-chute-libre-de-lavalanche.html

Translated :

Essentially he says he can't pinpoint what went wrong with the Avs last season. Later on in the article, it states that "no way should they ask him to waive his NTC because he has no intention of moving". He doesn't think he'll be bought out and he wants to be one of the 3 (lol) d-men protected by the team.

He said he had a good meeting with the coaches and that they were satisfied with the work that he provided.

This guy is a loser. He's not playing hockey to win but to make a big salary and NOT move to a different city. He's the perfect example of everything that is wrong with this team..."if we aren't winning, it can't be MY fault because I'm frikkin' AWESOME"...see the coaches told me so.

You're right though, we definitely need more players who hate to lose. The fact that #32 won't even consider lifting his NTC clause tells me that he certainly ACTS like he hates to lose but deep down, it probably doesn't bother him that much. Coming from the oldest vet on the team, that's a horrible thing to have in the dressing room.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Greg needs to go to the KHL for a few years to regain the mojo he once had in junior and polish his game enough to make up for the absolute lack of physicality.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
That's not really the point but I'll answer the question anyways :

I would have played and leaned on EJ, Zadorov and Barrie with heavy minutes early and more limited minutes to Tyutin (who didn't look that bad for the first half of the season) Weircioch (also didn't look too bad for the first 20-30 games of the season) and beauchemin lesser minutes because he didn't deserve 20+ minutes per night playing the way he was.

The point is that #32 never got a reduction in minutes even though through the first 30 games of the season, he was EASILY the worst defender on our team single-handedly costing us goals nightly with terrible pinches and bad reads that kept leading to odd-man rushes the other way. This KEPT HAPPENING and his minutes stayed the same. At some point, even a Tyutin playing within his limited skillset is a better option than that.

And he had the audacity to call-out the rest of his teammates...he's completely delusional as would attest this article from 2 days ago that I found randomly just now :

http://www.les2rives.com/sports/hoc...xplique-mal-la-chute-libre-de-lavalanche.html

Translated :

Essentially he says he can't pinpoint what went wrong with the Avs last season. Later on in the article, it states that "no way should they ask him to waive his NTC because he has no intention of moving". He doesn't think he'll be bought out and he wants to be one of the 3 (lol) d-men protected by the team.

He said he had a good meeting with the coaches and that they were satisfied with the work that he provided.

This guy is a loser. He's not playing hockey to win but to make a big salary and NOT move to a different city. He's the perfect example of everything that is wrong with this team..."if we aren't winning, it can't be MY fault because I'm frikkin' AWESOME"...see the coaches told me so.

You're right though, we definitely need more players who hate to lose. The fact that #32 won't even consider lifting his NTC clause tells me that he certainly ACTS like he hates to lose but deep down, it probably doesn't bother him that much. Coming from the oldest vet on the team, that's a horrible thing to have in the dressing room.

You have multiple posts lately that make me want to punch a wall. :rant:

I have to admit though, I giggled too myself about the "3 defenders" protected. I'm really wondering how much fun I should have reading into that.

-One that they're expecting to only have three defenders worth protecting including FB. Scary...

-Two if he somehow heard they are going 7-3, but is making the assumption hes one of the three because of his ego, and gets slapped in the face with a buyout.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

What a leader.

If this is indeed true I hope they buy him out and don't even give him the satisfaction of asking him to waive his NTC. That would give him the impression that they want to keep him around but just want to free up another expansion slot. Screw it. We have more than enough cap space. Buy him out and be done with him so that he knows he's useless.

Show them you care, Francois.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I don't blame Beauch for not waiving... it is well within his rights. The quotes are not accurate... the article isn't quoting him on the lifting of the NMC. Just says that he won't waive it.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
What a leader.

If this is indeed true I hope they buy him out and don't even give him the satisfaction of asking him to waive his NTC. That would give him the impression that they want to keep him around but just want to free up another expansion slot. Screw it. We have more than enough cap space. Buy him out and be done with him so that he knows he's useless.

I don't blame Beauch for not waiving... it is well within his rights. The quotes are not accurate... the article isn't quoting him on the lifting of the NMC. Just says that he won't waive it.

Nothing wrong with pointing that out, but I don't think that's really the golden nugget of that quote.

I used to think there was no way they would buy him out due to financial reasons. However someone else pointed out that they'd still save money even if they paid a guy like Lindholm to take his spot as the 6/7. So there is probably at least some chance. That is unless the front office is delusional enough to think that this past season was on the players not the coaches, EXCEPT for FB lol.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Translated :

Here's the most important part of the whole interview:

Le départ de Patrick [Roy] n’a pas aidé certains joueurs je pense », admet le Sorelois.

Translating to: The fact that Roy left didn't help some players.

Is that just another way to say that Bednar is the problem?

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
For some reason, a large portion of the fanbase think every player stinks, and there is no hope, or room for improvement whatsoever.

I don't get it.

Grigorenko is a 30 odd point scorer with lots of potential upside, who can float up and down lines, and who potentially could be had for 1.something odd million.

Even I was harsh on him last off season, but that was mainly because I felt some more development in the AHL to become a leader would have done him wonders.

Considering he spent time with players like Colborne, Soderberg & others, I'm very happy with his output.

For those who say he didn't try, come on......that's not fair.

During one of his occasions as a scratch he was told to work harder, to go to the dirty areas to get better scoring chances. He subsequently scored a goal in his next game by doing just this. The rest of his season was the usual fare of stick waving and coasting. Saying he doesn't try is not only fair, it's extremely generous.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Nothing wrong with pointing that out, but I don't think that's really the golden nugget of that quote.

I used to think there was no way they would buy him out due to financial reasons. However someone else pointed out that they'd still save money even if they paid a guy like Lindholm to take his spot as the 6/7. So there is probably at least some chance. That is unless the front office is delusional enough to think that this past season was on the players not the coaches, EXCEPT for FB lol.

I really don't think there is a juicy quote.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Eh, he hit 23 with a **** team. Worse version of Wolly? Maybe/probably. He is still 22 though. And for real, is there any actual pride in wearing an Avs shirt nowadays? Doesn't deserve to wear an avs shirt? I can think of so many players that are less deserving that have. Some team will give him a chance if we don't.

Really there's no comparison... at his worst Wolski was still cracking 40 point season. Yeah, he was an enigma and should've done better considering his talent level. Still miles and miles better than Grigs is or ever will be.

Given his effort there's not a single player that is less deserving to wear the jersey. Maybe, Colborne. It might not mean anything to these poor excuse of players but it should still mean something to the fans otherwise, we bother cheering? I hope another team gives him a chance, he'd be another teams problem.

27 points in 74 games is close to 30 points if you extrapolate
23 points in 75 games is not as close, but not too far distant.

He spent a whole lot of time getting those points with players like Colborne, Mcleod, Soderberg - so I think he's achieved pretty well considering.

I'm not homering it up, I was literally his toughest critic last season.

I really think having a player of his caliber, playing with guys like Compher, Greer, Nieto & others next year will elevate his game. Plus, we'd have him for 1.5M odd.

Think positive good sir.

While, I appreciate the positive attitude but we need to be realistic. Some don't want the coach gone, some done want the core to be touched others want the supporting cast to be protected... something is got to give here. You can't have it both ways.

Really he's the poster boy of what's wrong with the avs.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Can we trade him to Dynamo Moskva for Mironov?

I love him, but he needs to be someplace where they can light a fire under him. And that ain't here.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
What a leader.

Buy him the **** out.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Really there's no comparison... at his worst Wolski was still cracking 40 point season. Yeah, he was an enigma and should've done better considering his talent level. Still miles and miles better than Grigs is or ever will be.

Given his effort there's not a single player that is less deserving to wear the jersey. Maybe, Colborne. It might not mean anything to these poor excuse of players but it should still mean something to the fans otherwise, we bother cheering? I hope another team gives him a chance, he'd be another teams problem.

While, I appreciate the positive attitude but we need to be realistic. Some don't want the coach gone, some done want the core to be touched others want the supporting cast to be protected... something is got to give here. You can't have it both ways.

Really he's the poster boy of what's wrong with the avs.

Ok, maybe "attitude" is a problem (of which, no one can tell me 100% he didn't try, because it sure as heck looked to me like he was), but isn't it partly the system and coaches roles to extrapolate that effort as well?

Give him a full off season with Bednar.

I'll I'm saying, is give our boys another go. At least a fair go. Their coach quit on them 5 minutes before the season (not their fault).

Give them some continuity. Consistency around coaching and roster I feel are very strong elements of really good teams. That, and every player buys into the system.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Ok, maybe "attitude" is a problem (of which, no one can tell me 100% he didn't try, because it sure as heck looked to me like he was), but isn't it partly the system and coaches roles to extrapolate that effort as well?

I'll I'm saying, is give our boys another go. At least a fair go. Their coach quit on them 5 minutes before the season (not their fault).

Give them some continuity. Consistency around coaching and roster I feel are very strong elements of really good teams. That, and every player buys into the system.

[NHL2]c-47372103[/NHL2]

That level of on-ice apathy has nothing to do with the coach or the circumstances of the season.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Hey, Greg...

tenor.gif

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
[NHL2]c-47372103[/NHL2]

That level of on-ice apathy has nothing to do with the coach or the circumstances of the season.

Darn, won't play for me for some reason.

I'm not disagreeing with anyone regarding the culture being flat this season, but remember guys, "the culture "WAS" flat. That's my point. It's not the norm. These boys have bounce back in them in spades.

People complain about the previous two seasons under Roy, but guess what, right up until the last handful of games, we were right up to our eyeballs in the playoff hunt.

And I also think people aren't giving them due validation as to why we were flat. If we were a perennial P/O team, and had that season, people would be like, "what a shocker, we'll bounce back". It's just that we struggled the two years before that as well.

I could counter that video with something like this:
Grigs wins the puck along the boards behind their net, passes it around to Barrie, goes into the dirty area around their net, pushes (fairly) Hamhuis to get his 4th goal of the season.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

He's played well over 100 games for the avs... at no point did he look like an NHLer. We've given this boy enough time to show something and he hasn't.

It's time for some of our boys to leave the nest. Ready or not.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He's played well over 100 games for the avs... at no point did he look like an NHLer. We've given this boy enough time to show something and he hasn't.

It's time for some of our boys to leave the nest. Ready or not.

He's shown before in stretches that he could help top players recycle possession and make nifty passes in transition, while showing a good stick against the puck; but I agree that it's time for Greg to depart.

He needs to go the KHL and play for one of the stronger teams with high end talent. If he can build up his confidence maybe he can become a more physically engaged player as well; but he really needs to pick the right spot with the right coach and show a lot over the next few years before taking a final crack at the NHL.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
LOL!!

Every post in this thread is from an Avs fan.

That shows just how much interest there is in Grigorenko!

EDIT: oh, thought I was on the Trade Forum...
Nothing to see here, move along...

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I'm not gonna shed a tear if he's splitsville but it kinda doesnt make sense to not keep someone who's young and talented as he is.
Such an odd situation. idk

Its not like we have a ton of options to replace him.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Is Colorado keeping rights on him right now? He's on a whole new level this season. I think, he can become another Dadonov.

Here is his pass to Kaprizov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->