How much does pre-season matter?

How much of an impact does the pre-season have?

• Total voters

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Must means a lot to some because Tavares is being hailed the savior after the Leafs beat an AHL squad the other night.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Means nothing on the grand scale of things.

It gives us all a chance to get back into our “what have you done for me lately” mindsets and into mid season “this coach is a clown” form.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Since the Oilers have won all 3 preseason games thus far, I'm going to come out and say that it's VERY important. ;)

If we lose the next 3, my opinion will very likely change. That's the best way I can answer the question, I do believe.

Reactions: sharks9

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Completely pointless, not as pointless as pre season baseball do we REALLY need 2 2 f***ING MONTHS of pre season baseball?

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
As much as my favourite team is winning and my favourite player is scoring.

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
Ty Rattie just got 5 points last night...Rattie...a 25 year old AHL player...let that sink in for a minute and then discuss "how much does preseason matter".

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
To me it seems like it is an audition time for any open spots on the team first and foremost. It's also used to acclimate new teammates into their roles in the team.

I'm a Bruins fan, they have a battle going on for 2nd line RW, 3rd line center, and the 4th line is pretty much open to whoever earns the spot plus the 13th forward spot is open. 6 forward spots up for grabs so the team has been playing rookies and it has been all split squad games so far. The team has been pretty far from what they are going to look like on opening night so their record so far, which has also been against split squad teams really means nothing.

The game scores don't mean anything and are not a good indicator of how the season will go.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad