How much do you spend at an OHL Game (excl. ticket)

How much do you spend at an OHL Game (excl. ticket)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Saw some discussion in one of the threads about the impact of people actually in the seats (actual attendance vs. paid attendance) and got me thinking...

Excluding your ticket what do you spend incrementally at the average game?

Pop, beer, chips/food, pregame meal at the rink, 50/50, jersey draws, chuck-a-puck/charity draws and events, parking etc...

Last edited:

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
At Erie, usually $40 split evenly between the 50/50 and the jersey raffle at every game.

For those looking to visit, parking is usually $5 for the ramp directly across the street. Roughly $6 for a drink, add $12 for a meal including a pop/soda (usually don't because it's cheaper anywhere)

All things considered, it could be a $63 trip just at the arena without the ticket price included if one is looking to visit.

Reactions: NorthernVoice

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
Parking is a good one I didn't consider (because I usually find a spot on the street).
We would do that however around the Erie Insurance Arena it's mostly one way streets with no parking signs marked. In the winter, parking two blocks away from the arena is a hike with the blizzards so paying the $5 for convenience (and not scraping snow off the windshield) makes it worth it.

If you're looking to save a buck, it's $4 to park in the outside lot next to the arena, but you'd fight with the snow.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Saw some discussion in one of the threads about the impact of people actually in the seats (actual attendance vs. paid attendance) and got me thinking...

Excluding your ticket what do you spend incrementally at the average game?

Pop, beer, chips/food, pregame meal at the rink, 50/50, jersey draws, chuck-a-puck/charity draws and events, parking etc...

This is for 2 people (my girlfriend and I) so it may throw the average off slightly. Each game in Saginaw.

Parking: $6

Drinks: Bottle of Water and Bottle of Mountain Dew $4 (Saginaw runs a promo $2 each pregame)

Popcorn: $4

If we dont eat at home pregame we sometimes split a BBQ Nacho. $8

(Nachos are from a local BBQ place that has a stall in the arena. Bbq meat, cheese, jalapenos, cant go wrong lol)

So on an "expensive" night $22 for both of us. Saginaw doesn't have Jersey draws for the most part so that saves us a ton of money, or else we'd get in those as well.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Some of the numbers being thrown around appear somewhat astounding for a senior fixed income retiree. I attend about 30 games per year and buy the $5. 50/50 draw ticket about a half dozen times. So beyond the season ticket cost the total seasonal expense would be $30., or $1. per game, no snacks, no beverages, no parking. Seems like a reasonable price tag to me.

Sleemans2

Jan 15, 2017
I am like my good friend senior junior fan. $10 for 5050, double last year. Seldom buy anything other than a Xmas souvenir for grandchildren. MRS see man's likes a coffee when she goes. No parking. $18 for the ticket

Reactions: SeniorJuniorFan

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
Sometimes i get a coffee but most time i bring in a bottle of water i can't get myself spending on the Wolves overpriced concessions.

MitchBetts91

Jul 4, 2019
This is for 2 people (my girlfriend and I) so it may throw the average off slightly. Each game in Saginaw.

Parking: $6

Drinks: Bottle of Water and Bottle of Mountain Dew $4 (Saginaw runs a promo $2 each pregame)

Popcorn: $4

If we dont eat at home pregame we sometimes split a BBQ Nacho. $8

(Nachos are from a local BBQ place that has a stall in the arena. Bbq meat, cheese, jalapenos, cant go wrong lol)

So on an "expensive" night $22 for both of us. Saginaw doesn't have Jersey draws for the most part so that saves us a ton of money, or else we'd get in those as well.
This why I like this site so much my son and I are going to the game in Saginaw today and I had no idea how much things cost in America. Useful information

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
Hounds game night. No parking cost. $5 for 50/50 and maybe a $9 beer. Different story if I bring my son though. $10 ticket for him plus his munchies which are anywhere from $5-15? So under $15 without child and more like $30+ with him. Oh and I have season’s tickets.

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
Sometimes i get a coffee but most time i bring in a bottle of water i can't get myself spending on the Wolves overpriced concessions.
If anyone comes to Erie, they won't let you bring in any outside containers for beverages i.e a plastics water bottle.

I would assume baby bottles are okay for little ones though.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
If anyone comes to Erie, they won't let you bring in any outside containers for beverages i.e a plastics water bottle.

I would assume baby bottles are okay for little ones though.
...and in Peterborough you can’t buy bottled water but there are filtered water stations and you’re encouraged to bring your own reusable bottle.

Reactions: aresknights

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
...and in Peterborough you can’t buy bottled water but there are filtered water stations and you’re encouraged to bring your own reusable bottle.
I would actually prefer if Erie did that. Beverages at the Erie Insurance Arena are outrageous. A bottle of water here last I checked was about $3, $3.50 for a Powerade and $5 for a large soda.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Owen Sound isn't bad as it's one of the very few places that has free public parking.

Consession wise depending on what your common purchase is mine is usually a slice of pizza and pop and that typically runs me $8.50-9.00, unless I splurge and get a medium popcorn to split with my gf then its adds another $4.50.

So if if I'd have to ballpark it $10-$20 dollars a week unless I eat prior to the gametime which then you can cut that in half. The concession prices have changed a few times over the last 20 years with slight increases to items by dollars and cents.

The difficulty with Owen Sound there really is only one really well positioned concession on the Eastside of the building and 2 smaller ones on the southwest corner and one downstairs in the older area of the building that is rarely used unless you have seats on that side of the building.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
$11-$30 for me in Oshawa. Mostly food and drink and I usually split the cost for lines in the 50/50 draw with some people in my section.

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016
Kitchener Rangers sth
I personally spend $11 for a large popcorn with butter and a bottle of pop/iced tea at most games

If we get food, the usual is the beef on a bun which I think is like $7

AttackRinkRat

Apr 1, 2017
At the Bayshore, we usually buy tickets for Attack Pak draws..I spend avg $5/game. As weather gets colder we'll get a hot chocolate and coffee ($3 each), maybe split a popcorn (4.50). When we go on road trips, we usually end up eating dinner at the visiting arena, have a beer each so spend at away game $25-$30.

SteelGirl

Jan 21, 2018
In Mississauga, parking is free, tall boy beers are $3 off on Friday nights, and season ticket holders get 20 per cent off at concession stands. Too bad we still can't draw a decent crowd...lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad