How many wrestlers active in 90s dont live anymore?

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Regarding to Animal dead and the condolence from Bret Hart. How many well know wrestlers from 90s are now dead?

That list must be very long.

Macho Man, Mr. Perfect, Owen Hart, Yokozuna, Hawk and Animal that only few that i can remember now.

That time period i followed wrestling very close and therefore the wrestlers from 90s are for something special.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
Owen Hart
Jim Neidhart
Rick Rude
Curt Hennig
Brian Pillman
Randy Savage
Road Warrior Hawk
Road Warrior Animal
Ultimate Warrior
Vader
Bam Bam Bigelow
Luna Vachon
Eddie Guerrero
Chris Benoit
Mabel/Viscera
Miss Elizabeth
Brian Christopher
Bundy
Misawa
Big Boss Man
Test
Moolah
Mae Young
Sensational Sherry
Mike Awesome
British Bulldog
Crash Holly
Yokozuna
Bobby Heenan

That's just off the top of my head. The list is probably impossibly long.

Reactions: Dingo

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
I've always looked at Wrestlemania VI (probably because I attended it) as the benchmark on how many have passed on. Also the 2nd PPV of the 90s

Match ups: Deceased/Total (didn't include Roma vs. Brooklyn Brawler dark match)
Koko vs. Martel: 0/2
Demolition (Ax and Smash) vs. Colossal Connection (Andre the Giant and Haku): 1/6
Hercules vs. Earthquake: 3/8
Beefcake vs. Perfect: 4/10
Piper vs. Brown: 6/12
Hart Foundation (Hart and Neidhart) vs. Bolsheviks (Volkoff and Zhukov): 8/16
Santana vs. Barbarian: 8/18
Rhodes & Sapphire vs. Savage and Sherri: 12/22
Rockers (Michaels and Janetty) vs. Orient Express (Sato and Tanaka): 12/26
Duggan vs. Bravo: 13/28
Roberts vs. DiBiase: 13/30
Bossman vs. Akeem: 14/32
Snuka vs. Rude: 16/34
Hogan vs. Warrior: 17/36

Just under half never, mind managers and personalities no longer with us from the show: Gorilla Monsoon, Bobby Heenan, Mr. Fuji, Miss Elizabeth, Howard Finkle, Mean Gene and Joey Marella....might have missed some.

KMart27

Jun 9, 2013
Survivor Series 1990 opening match: Ultimate Warrior/Texas Tornado/Hawk/Animal vs Mr. Perfect/Ax/Smash/Crush with Bobby Heenan and Mr. Fuji. That is 8 out of 10 involved that are dead. Others from that Survivor Series are Dusty Rhodes, Jim Neidhart, Hercules, Jimmy Snuka, Big Boss Man, Dino Bravo, Earthquake, Nikolai Volkoff. The commentators were Gorilla Monsoon and Roddy Piper. "Mean" Gene on interviews. Howard Finkel as ring announcer. Joey Marella was one of the refs.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
Regarding to Animal dead and the condolence from Bret Hart. How many well know wrestlers from 90s are now dead?

That list must be very long.

Macho Man, Mr. Perfect, Owen Hart, Yokozuna, Hawk and Animal that only few that i can remember now.

That time period i followed wrestling very close and therefore the wrestlers from 90s are for something special.

As enjoyable as the 90's was for wrestling, I think we're starting to see the toll the culture of that era took on the performers' health. Cause of death for most of these always seems like it has something to do with drugs, heart issues, or suicide. Even the ones who are still alive had to battle a ton of demons.

repost from the Animal thread

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Wow and by percentage the PPV that followed WM6 is higher.

SummerSlam 90 shows 50% (13/26) and is missing Crush so should be 14/26 for 53.4%. Very sad for an event barley over 30 years old.

Even the 50th ranked PPV is at over 27% that's crazy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad