How many would support an NHLPA league ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceber

Apr 28, 2003
Wyoming, MN
I'd go to the games, but I really, really, really doubt there's even the slimmest chance it would ever get off the ground.

I doubt anyone in the NHLPA has seriously thought about it beyond "Hey guys, wouldn't it be great if we ran our own league?"

It'd be really great if I ran my own brewery, arena, and equipment manufacturing company, too.

Both ideas have similar chances of happening.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Nordik_19 said:
They would probably play in the backyard of their million dollar house with 10, 000 seets ! Man life is hard for those players :speechles

Judging from the results of this poll, they could play on a local pond in the area setting up lawn chairs for seats. That would be more than sufficient to handle the audience they could bring to the pond.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Lets See ..

Watch Joe Sakic , Marty Brodeur and Jerome Iginla ..

or

Sit and watch Glenn Healy, Lonny Bohonos, and the UPS driver and other replacements in my cushy seat wearing NHL jerseys ..

Tough one ..

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
The Messenger said:
Lets See ..

or

Sit and watch Glenn Healy, Lonny Bohonos, and the UPS driver and other replacements in my cushy seat wearing NHL jerseys ..

Tough one ..

Again, in what arenas would you be watching this exhibition?

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
Where's the undecided option? To me, it would really depend on what the NHL was doing. If the NHLPA formed a league and the NHL did nothing, I'd watch it. If the NHLPA formed a league and the NHL played as well, I'd watch the NHL.

NHLFanSince2020

What'd He Say?
Feb 22, 2003
Visit site
The Messenger said:
Lets See ..

or

Tough one ..
Ha.

How about this?
When deciding on who gets what, Ed Belfour screams out "I get a hundred billion zillion dollars."

hulkrogan

Feb 15, 2004
The Messenger said:
Lets See ..

or

Tough one ..

Not tough at all, throw a flaming C on that UPS driver and I'll cheer for him all year long.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
I cheer for the jersey

I suspect that the vast majority are the same :razz:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Jaded-Fan said:
Again, in what arenas would you be watching this exhibition?
Don't tell me you believe that there are only 30 arena's in North America ..

heck with all you guys not going CHL & AHL arena's at 7500-10000 seats is plenty of room for us to see real Hockey Players ..

Copps Coliseum in Hamilton for one can hold what 17-19 Thousand ..That should be plenty ..

CarlRacki

Feb 9, 2004
StarsPensFan said:
It already has them...

NFL
NBA
MLB

The NHL competes with those leagues the way Keystone competes with Budweiser and Miller.
The NHL's competitors right now are:
Poker
Arena Football
WNBA
Professional Bowling
Billiards

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
A lot of tough talk out there.. too bad not many are being honest. As someone else said, this would probably only fly in Canada and they wouldn't need huge arenas, probably only 10 thousand seats. Don't care how many people on this board say they wouldn't go, they would easily sell out 10 k seats in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, hell, maybe even the maritimes.*

edit: *as well as other cities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad