Speculation: How many wins does this team get this year?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
The team had 49 wins last year and that was before they landed John Tavares.

With John Tavares on this team I think they win minimum 55 games and I think if they stay healthy they win 60 games

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Still so great to be reminded that the Leafs had 49 wins, just 1 win shy of 50! its great after so many years of mediocrity.

Although just because there has been a steady improvement in points and overall record for the past 2 seasons that doesn't automatically mean our record next year is going to be better. Either way.. what I do know is that it will be a great record.

I'm going to go with 51-21-10, 112 points. We should be in contention for the Presidents Trophy.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Hoping for around 110 points but really as long as they make the playoffs I'll be happy.

So uhh whatever gets us to 110 points including OT points.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Come on, guys! Optimism! The single season record for points is 132, set by the hated Habs. Let's break that!

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Come on, guys! Optimism! The single season record for points is 132, set by the hated Habs. Let's break that!

Its great to be optimistic but with the level of parity currently in the NHL, I'm confident in saying no team will ever attain 132 points again.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Its great to be positive but with the level of parity currently in the NHL, I'm confident in saying no team will ever attain 132 points again.
Probably true. Even with four more games than the 78 in that season, and with three-point games added, nobody has matched that total.

Maybe I should have said 'delusion' instead of'optimism'? ;)

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Probably true. Even with four more games than the 78 in that season, and with three-point games added, nobody has matched that total.

I mean its not impossible, just extremely unlikely. The 95'-96' Red Wings came very close with their 62-13-7, 131 point season.

kb

Aug 28, 2009

For the record, it was in an 80 game schedule. 60-8-12

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
I think we could be good enough for 50 wins this year. Team looks strong. We were +45 with 37 games of dermott, Bozak instead of Tavares and Matthews missing 20 games.

Reactions: kb

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
The team had 49 wins last year and that was before they landed John Tavares.

With John Tavares on this team I think they win minimum 55 games and I think if they stay healthy they win 60 games

This team isn’t winning 60 games. Even with no injuries.

I’d say 50 is a good guess, I don’t see a huge improvement in the standings this year, even though the team is better than last season.

No team managed 55 wins last season, so saying we manage a minimum of 55 is awfully optimistic.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
This team isn’t winning 60 games. Even with no injuries.

I’d say 50 is a good guess, I don’t see a huge improvement in the standings this year, even though the team is better than last season.

No team managed 55 wins last season, so saying we manage a minimum of 55 is awfully optimistic.

You add John Tavares to a team that won 49 games last year that's got to be good for 6 wins at least

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
You add John Tavares to a team that won 49 games last year that's got to be good for 6 wins at least

A lot of times, improving as a team doesn’t translate to a bunch more wins.

Adding Tavares improves this roster, there’s no doubt - but we’ve also lost a couple key contributors.

We have stiff competition at the top of the division. I don’t expect us to be vaulted to the top of the league standings. 55 wins just about assures that.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
A lot of times, improving as a team doesn’t translate to a bunch more wins.

Adding Tavares improves this roster, there’s no doubt - but we’ve also lost a couple key contributors.

We have stiff competition at the top of the division. I don’t expect us to be vaulted to the top of the league standings. 55 wins just about assures that.

I'm not concerned about What's been lost, because really What's been lost?

I liked JVR but Tavares replaces that production and more.

Tavares signing also allows Kadri to become the #3 center and Kadri is better than Bozak so that's a Major internal upgrade.

Martin wasn't even an everyday Leaf it's almost impossible for Kapanen not to be better than him.

I Love uncle Leo but he's been declining for 3 years Johnsson is better than him.

I'm not concerned about What's been lost because it's all be upgraded

Reactions: thunder16

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
I'm not concerned about What's been lost, because really What's been lost?

I liked JVR but Tavares replaces that production and more.

Tavares signing also allows Kadri to become the #3 center and Kadri is better than Bozak so that's a Major internal upgrade.

Martin wasn't even an everyday Leaf it's almost impossible for Kapanen not to be better than him.

I Love uncle Leo but he's been declining for 3 years Johnsson is better than him.

I'm not concerned about What's been lost because it's all be upgraded

I don’t disagree with what you’re saying. We’ve added some nice pieces and there’s an element of addition by subtraction.

I’m simply stating that I don’t expect us to suddenly be the best team in the league. 55 wins, 110+ points (not counting posts from SOL/OTL which we will definitely have)

I think you’re underestimating how big of a jump it is to go from 49 wins to 55-60

Reactions: 7even

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad