How many times have you re-watched the lottery?

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I watched it live.

I'm trying to figure out why anyone would watch it again.
I re-watched it to see the pissed-off gm's reactions. The whole thing actually has an insanely high level of unintentional comedy on re-watch, watching it live is just too stressful to pick those things up.

Leaf of the Mind

BABS WAS BOB
Feb 6, 2015
I re-watched it to see the pissed-off gm's reactions. The whole thing actually has an insanely high level of unintentional comedy on re-watch, watching it live is just too stressful to pick those things up.

There's a bunch of things I completely missed the first go round.

-Burke's red tie hanging on his shoulder. We all know the hair, but why bother with it if you are going with the open collar?

-Linden looks so gaunt and gloomy, like an undertaker. He did show the most emotion of all, opening his mouth and blinking nervously when he realized they had fallen.

-Ray Shero is slowly turning into Julian Assange, of wikileaks fame.

-Kathryn Tappen's low cut dress. Very noticeable in her up close interview with Shanny. It's a little unusual given what we're used to on TSN/Sportsnet/CBC.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
There's a bunch of things I completely missed the first go round.

-Burke's red tie hanging on his shoulder. We all know the hair, but why bother with it if you are going with the open collar?

-Linden looks so gaunt and gloomy, like an undertaker. He did show the most emotion of all, opening his mouth and blinking nervously when he realized they had fallen.

-Ray Shero is slowly turning into Julian Assange, of wikileaks fame.

-Kathryn Tappen's low cut dress. Very noticeable in her up close interview with Shanny. It's a little unusual given what we're used to on TSN/Sportsnet/CBC.
I'd say the cheesiest thing most notable on re-watch is the music. Like I knew it was bad the first time, but didn't realize how terrible it was and used for suspense til re-watch.

Schennanigans

Dec 26, 2008
Etobicoke, on
Twice. When I watched it live, and that oilers logo was there for the 4th pick I couldn't believe it. From that moment I was satisfied because I was excited for any of the top three. When we were anointed the winner at #1 it gave me chills that this is all real. During the season I've seen alot of posts of people inserting Mathews in our lineup, and I scoffed at those posts in my head thinking its wishful thinking, good things don't happen to us. But now to see that we will have him there, it's just a special time to be a fan. I barely watched anything this past season, but I won't be missing a game come next season. That excitement is back!

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
that moment when it came down to EDM/TOR for the 4th position

had it gone the other way i would have probably stopped posting.

Ohhhh buddy! I was expecting it to go the other way!

I was at my Parents house watching the draft and as soon as I saw that Vancouver got #5 and it was going to come down to Edmonton and the Leafs for #4, I immediately went out to the deck for a smoke and watched the rest of the draft through the window/sliding door from there.

My Grandma was over and I knew that if it was the Leafs that got that #4 selection and Edmonton got into lottery territory again, I would have likely gone on the most profanity laced tirade the world has ever seen. Hence another reason why I went outside for a smoke! LMFAO!!

I must have lost about 2 years of my life just from waiting between #5 and #4! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad