How many starts for Price?

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Most likely 42 to 44 I think. They still need to get Budaj into a few games in case he is needed in the playoffs due to [redacted] to Price.

Fire Everyone

Especially you
May 17, 2006
No way its pretty simple. Before the lockout 5 teams would be in the lottery. This yr now its 14. How does that still make it just as much as a viable option as last yr?

Every non playoffs team was in the lottery before. What changed is that the lottery winner will now get the first pick rather than move up a maximum of five places (or was it four?).

I didn't look so I don't know if they changed the odds of winning the lottery. Still, you can still only drop one spot. For example, if you finish in 29th place the worst case scenario is that you'll pick third. If you finish in 17th place then you may win the lottery and pick first, but the most likely scenario is that you'll pick 14th.

What changed is that a team that finishes low has somewhat greater odds of moving back one place -- and teams that finish just outside the playoffs actually have a chance of selecting first -- but they'll still pick high so finishing low remains the most viable option if you want to rebuild with great young players. Besides, the lower you finish the greater the odds of your team selecting first.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
No way its pretty simple. Before the lockout 5 teams would be in the lottery. This yr now its 14. How does that still make it just as much as a viable option as last yr?

Because all 5 teams still have as much chance as last year to win the lottery.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005

Depends on his play and Budaj's play. If he's shakey and Budaj looks strong, maybe as low as 35. If the opposite, maybe as high as 45.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada

If you finish last you still pick second at worst and likely still have a 50% chance of retaining the first overall pick. That is not going to be enough to deter anybody from finishing last.

Young Gun

Nov 9, 2009
Play the hot hand, doesn't matter who's being paid the most !!

I like what I saw in the WJ's with our new guy so much, I would go with the
tankers this season, just to get high in the draft this summer, wow, could end
up with a couple more great players, not a big deal 48 games, I wouldn't say no
to stealing a cup this year either, **** , I want it all, habs have done before...go
habs go !!!

I have center ice this year, won't have to listen to that loud mouth between periods
anymore, hockey's better already, now if I could find a way of not have to see betman's
face any more... I got ....click!

capebretoncanadien

Nov 29, 2008
Lots and lots hopefully. He can shoulder the load. Give him 5-6 games off tops IMO. Budaj has shown he can be competent at times. I'm not too scared with him in there.

Mathradio

Drive for 25
Oct 11, 2010
consanguinephysics.wordpress.com
We're talking about a Carey Price whose career year was made up of 72 starts (out of 82 games) so he certainly can play 40+ games out of 48.

Very few goalies in today's NHL can play 70+ starts in a full season.

PunkinDrublic*

Depends on his play and Budaj's play. If he's shakey and Budaj looks strong, maybe as low as 35. If the opposite, maybe as high as 45.

No way in hell is Budaj playing 13 games....unless we need another lottery pick.

Habtchum*

Price should play 38-42 games IF he's healthy and perform well, of course. Usually he is not very good in back to back games. We dunno yet how many of these situations gonna occur during that shortened season.

Tendresse

Capitaine Gorges
Dec 23, 2006
Montréal
I'm assuming there's gonna be a lot more back-to-back games due to the compact schedule, so I'd expect him to start a tad less games than a 82-games season (proportionally ofc). Probably in the 38-40 games range.

hardcorehabs

Feb 9, 2013
Saskatchewan
Thought it would be time for a bump to look back at some predictions. Before the season it seemed the consensus (for the most part) was Price would start around 40-42 games.

With budaj getting the start tonight vs Florida it means that Price will have started 20 of the first 26 games. Keeping in mind Carey did miss a couple starts because of the flu, he will still likely end up with 38-40 starts for the season. Which means starting 18-20 of the final 22 games.

Proud of our young goaltender. Go habs!

rwb

Jan 28, 2013
With budaj getting the start tonight vs Florida it means that Price will have started 20 of the first 26 games. Keeping in mind Carey did miss a couple starts because of the flu, he will still likely end up with 38-40 starts for the season. Which means starting 18-20 of the final 22 games.

We only have 3 sets of back to backs left too. I could definitely see Price playing 18 of the final 22.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->