How many starts for Price?

Apr 1, 2006
Montreal
I hope this is not already being discussed in another thread... With a shortened season of 48 games, how many games will Price start? This season will have less games (17 less) than last his season's total starts (65). How are they going to split it? Since I expect they'll play 3 or 4 games a week, he won't be able to start every game. I say something around 39 starts.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I'll say likely in the 80% range.

Tough to say right now before looking a schedule.

Apr 1, 2006
Montreal
I also think it will be a high number, resting only for the back to back games and even then I think he'll play a few of those. Can't wait for the 19th!

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
I'll say 38-40, keep in mind the schedule will be very tight and we'll probably have a lot of back to back games.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
We're talking about a condensed schedule, so who knows?
Last year, we played our last game on April 7th. If it stays the same, starting on the 19th, that makes an 11 week season. That means we might even play 5 times within a week. My guess is they'll extend it to mid-april, making it 12 weeks, with 4 games a week.
That's a huge workload. It'll be interesting to see how he can handle it. I think the best might be to limiting him between 3 - 3.5 games a week .

GordonGraham

Sep 12, 2009
He will play something like 26/30 then when the playoff hopes are gone maybe 10/18

Jmac1160*

Let's tank :handclap:

Budaj all the way

No such thing as a tank anymore ad all 14 teams who don't make the playoffs get a shot at the lottery picks. Which im glad cause im so over all the tank talk on here. if we finished 9th in the east I guess it would be considered a "tank"

And price should get 38-40 starts this yr for sure.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
No such thing as a tank anymore ad all 14 teams who don't make the playoffs get a shot at the lottery picks. Which im glad cause im so over all the tank talk on here. if we finished 9th in the east I guess it would be considered a "tank"

It's not going to be an equal lottery.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I know but it will still shut people up about the tank talk at least.

I don't think so, you still have way better chance to win the lottery if you end up top 5. And the worst that can happen is you lose 1 spot.

Tanking is as much a viable option as it was.

Jmac1160*

I don't think so, you still have way better chance to win the lottery if you end up top 5. And the worst that can happen is you lose 1 spot.

Tanking is as much a viable option as it was.

No way its pretty simple. Before the lockout 5 teams would be in the lottery. This yr now its 14. How does that still make it just as much as a viable option as last yr?

MaxLacoste

Jun 26, 2012
Montreal
I know but it will still shut people up about the tank talk at least.

Bergevin and Therrien will never be in "tank mode". They are winner. But let's face it, if we have a injury to one of our top player, we're ****ed. We have some talent but no depth. We have no scoring threat (except our 1st line, but we have to admit it would be awesome 2nd line but a ok 1st line), our defence give responsability to young and inexperienced players (Subban, Emelin, Diaz) because our veterans are fragile or past their prime (Markov and Kaberle). The worst cast scenario would be a injury to either Gorges, Price, Cole or Plekanek. They are the player that stabilize our team.

I truly believe Montreal will finish in the bottom 10 of the league this year. But after that, the team will start to look like a contender. We finally have the piece for that (let's just find two top end talent via draft or UFA).

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Around 40 if he's healthy, definitely. He's a workhorse so he can handle it. The question is how rusty he'll be after a long time off and a really short camp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad