How many seasons until Vancouver makes the playoffs again?

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
The Canucks have as good of a young supporting cast as anyone but they lack 1-2 truly elite players. Unless their lottery luck improves, I think they're going to sputter at the bottom for a few years. If they do land a future superstar early on in the draft, who knows? We've seen how fast a franchise player or two can turn around a franchise (Pittsburgh, Washington, Chicago, Edmonton, Toronto, etc.).

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Indefinite, there's not much there from a management perspective and the high draft picks are and prospects are underwhelming for a team that's been poor for so long.

I see nothing to justify leaving the bottom 10 of the league within the intermediate future.

They haven't sucked for THAT long.

They did win the President's Trophy in 2012.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Arizona, Calgary and Edmonton are already well best them on the upswing, Anahiem will still be strong for at least a few years, and SJ +LA are certainly not out of it yet

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
5+ years, dumb management who still won't rebuild until the Sedin's are gone (hopefully) They'll be decent again when EP, Boeser, Juolevi, Dahlen, Goldy are in their primes and Horvat improves as well. I doubt 90% of their team will still be there when they're ready to compete. I can see only Horvat and Boeser still on that team but no one else really. Doubt Tanev and everyone else are on there.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I gave it three years. It depends on a lot of variables including where they end up drafting. Ideally by 2020/21 there line up will look like this;

Pettersson - XXX - Boeser
Dahlin - Horvat - Eriksson
Goldobin - Granlund - Virtanen

Joulevi - Tanev
Huddon - Stecher
XXX - Subban

Demko

People don't talk about there prospects but they've got a lot of young guys who could turn out to be solid. They just need to tank for two years and they'll have all the peices they need to compete again

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->