How many seasons to another cup?

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I think this group can do it with a new coach. I say this season if we can get BB ousted in time

Ando

Keyboard Warrior
Oct 18, 2014
Central Coast, CA
Don't know. Let's all just jump on the Coyotes bandwagon.

Too late for me, I already signed up on that Eichel wagon after his first goal. #ILikeEich

I see this season and next season as possibilities if the right moves are made. What those moves are I do not know, but I wish I did so we could concoct a magic drink like in Space Jam and play like champs. HF Ducks magic potion baby.

MC4xHOB.jpg

xxreact9

Jun 4, 2012
Well they were millimeters away last year and would've won with any bit of luck.

So let's say a MINIMUM of 6 years to win (when Getzlaf, Perry, Kesler are all over the hill).

Yeah..

The Ducks will have a very good chance to win the cup this year, next year, the year after that, and probably the year after that. And likely a few more years after that.

The cup will return to Anaheim in the next 5 years.

DucksAreCool

Feb 24, 2015
Well they were millimeters away last year and would've won with any bit of luck.

So let's say a MINIMUM of 6 years to win (when Getzlaf, Perry, Kesler are all over the hill).

Yeah..

The Ducks will have a very good chance to win the cup this year, next year, the year after that, and probably the year after that. And likely a few more years after that.

The cup will return to Anaheim in the next 5 years.
I would say we have a maximum of five years, counting this one. The last two years of the Getzlaf, Perry and Kesler contracts they will be out of their prime and in varying stages of their decline. If we don't win by the 2020 Cup Final, I think it might be another 5-10 years after that before we'd be truly competitive again.

camshaft

Mar 4, 2013
I'm not sure this team has a five years window. I'd say three our four max.

People are basing our window closing because Getz and Pears' game will be in decline, but in two or three years, I think Cam, Hamps, and Gibson will be the stars of the team, and the ones driving our success. It will be team that is driven by its defense, like the 2007 team, with Nieds, Prongs, and Giggie. Getz and Pears' game will age similarly to Thorton and Marleau, which is a gradual decline, but still very productive. Ritchie, Noesen, and Raks will also add offensive production.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Should feel lucky to have even won one. Look at Vancouver, Buffalo, St.Louis and so on... that's hell. :D

I think we have a 3-5 year window and after that it's a pipe-dream, unless every high pick pans out basically.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad