How many seasons do you give The Simpsons?

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Everyone knows The Simpsons achieved perfection in Seasons 3-8, it's a scientific fact
Season 2 is way stronger than Seasons 7-8 (I would argue probably 6 too), which was a clear plummet in quality by its standards at the time, IMO. That's why there's so much of an argument for why it should ideally have ended in season 8. Some of the strongest episodes are from Season 2.

They're just way better than the rock-bottom crap that came afterwards, with the benefit of hindsight.

Last edited:

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Season 2 is way stronger than Seasons 7-8 (I would argue probably 6 too), which was a clear plummet in quality by its standards at the time, IMO. That's why there's so much of an argument for why it should ideally have ended in season 8. Some of the strongest episodes are from Season 2.

They're just way better than the rock-bottom crap that came afterwards, with the benefit of hindsight.

Question is, why are this episodes so great? It is only a story? Or its also the cartoon himself? Or many many great character lines?

Why cant they do it again?

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Question is, why are this episodes so great? It is only a story? Or its also the cartoon himself? Or many many great character lines?

Why cant they do it again?
I mean, it's not exactly a trivial thing to do, it probably took a good deal of uncompromising stubbornness/irrationality/impracticality, the makeup of the group creating the show is different now, their attitudes have clearly changed, and it's not like they have much incentive to do it anyways.

Beyond that, if it were that easy recapture/maintain lightning in a bottle, it wouldn't have been so impressive to begin with anyways.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad