How many seasons do you give The Simpsons?

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
hard to tell. I loved them growing up, but it's not nearly the same trying to watch any of them anymore. I know Groening is in his mid 60s... if I had to take a guess, I'd wager the Simpsons will die with him (not trying to be morbid or anything).

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
If they've gone this long with the same quality, I don't know why they'd be interested in stopping in terms of "lack of creativity/quality" or why the people who do drive the numbers for the show would stop watching.

I vividly remember the episode that they went to Toronto as a monumental episode for me in terms of it being a "final nail in the coffin". I think I still continued to watch a little bit after that, but my interest in the show more or less fizzled out completely after that episode. That was Season 13, Episode 11. My opinion of the show from ~Season 14 onward is more or less just catching the odd episode and assuming the show is bad outside of those episodes as well. The golden age of seasons 4-9 or whatever it is seems to ring true for the most part, but there are still quite a few good episodes in the next few seasons after that, it's just really inconsistent.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
May happen sooner than you think.

giphy.gif

Reactions: HFBCommenter

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Who is really watching this show now? What's the base? Everyone that I know watched before 2000 or up until just passed then has long since stopped watching. Young kids have no idea about the glory years.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
The Simpsons finished after S9, so I don't understand the question.

They've been the Pimpsons for quite awhile haha. The show now looks like it's some pop culture phenomenon. Very PC. The fact it wasn't PC and outside of the box was it's charm. Now, Seth McFarlane and his fart jokes may as well be the man behind the scenes.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
It should have ended with the movie. First 9 seasons ago great, next 10, good, not great, after that, meh.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
It should have ended with the movie. First 9 seasons ago great, next 10, good, not great, after that, meh.
Waaaayyy too generous, IMO.

It's more like first six-- brilliant, next 3 good, next 5-- mediocre at best, after that-- atrocious and unwatchable, IMO.

Last edited:

PilotRedSun

Aug 24, 2018
I mainly just love seasons 1, 2, and 3. 4 was also very good. Although it could still be very funny, season 5 with Homer going to space and Bart getting an elephant is where the show started to lose me. I think I checked out at the Who Shot Burns conclusion.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
The movie was just a larger, longer episode. And the Simpsons haven't been funny in like two decades but then that doesn't seem to matter, so I have no idea how much longer it could go on.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Season 1 was rough.

Season 2 showed promise.

Sessons 3-6 godly

Seasons 7-8 great

Season 9 great but couple wtf episodes.

Seasons 10 - 11 funny at times but different show now.

The rest not watchable.

I think the only new episode I've watched in a decade was Holidays of Future passed.

The movie was ok too much sappy stuff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad