How many points would Pelech need to be in the Norris conversation?

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Scott Stevens never won a Norris but PK Subban did... that tells you all you need to know about Norris voting

Last edited:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Pelech and Pulock would have to morph into one player because I think Pelech would need Pulock's offensive upside to get serious Norris consideration.

Rydam Pelock for Norris!

Reactions: SI90 and QuadDeuces

a tribe cq

That’s just like…your opinion man.
Jan 15, 2013
These conversations always end up slighting just how good some of the defensemen that ARE nominated are.

Adam Fox is a very good defensive player to go along with his point totals, and all analytics that I’ve seen back that up, outside of just watching him play.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Suter played elite level defense while scoring close to 50 every year for a great number of years and was a only ever a finalist once I believe.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Give me 6 Adam Pelech's and I'll show you the best defense in the world.
Give me 6 Adam Fox’s and I’ll show you a defense that would dummy 6 Pelech’s. Fox is everything Pelech is defensively while also being able to put up near PPG numbers

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I have a feeling that Makar and Fox are probably going to be dominating the Norris for the next decade, so not sure anyone would have a chance.

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Pelech is one of the best shut down d-men in the league. He doesn't bring a lot of offense, but chips in a times. My question is, if Pelech continues playing like a top shut down guy, how many points would he need to be in the Norris Conversation?
A shit ton. And that’s a shame because he’s an excellent defenseman.

Norris Trophy is a points contest. That’s not to slag off the winners, very rarely do you see a “bad” defenseman win, but if you score a lot you are in the hunt. Shut down guys who do as much if not more for their team come playoff time? Not a chance.

Dobson (played a great series against Boston) has 7 points in PO’s so far. Pelech has 2. Who was by far a bigger impact on knocking Boston out? Pelech without any doubt at all.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I mean he's kinda bad offensively, fantastic defensively but he can't create offense. It's an award for all-around play and I know that offensive dmen get too much love when it comes to voting but guys like Lindell and Pelech should also get docked for being bad offensively if a voter is being complete objective.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Pelech and Pulock would have to morph into one player because I think Pelech would need Pulock's offensive upside to get serious Norris consideration.

Rydam Pelock for Norris!
dont tease me with these fantasies man, what a hockey player that would be!

Someone with photo-shop skills should try making this mythical unicorn of a defenseman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad