How many points would Paccioretty get if he had a better centre?

go_habs_go

Oct 9, 2003
Winnipeg, MB
www.canadiens.com
Max Pacioretty - Lars Eller - Alex Galchenyuk (Finally a bonafide 1st line with size)
Brendan Gallagher - Tomas Plekanec - Daniel Briere
Rene Bourque - Michael Bournival - Brian Gionta
Travis Moen - Brandon Prust - Ryan White/George Parros when healthy

PK Subban - Jarred Tinordi
Josh Gorges - Nathan Beaulieu
Andrei Markov - Francis Bouillon

habs88

Ya I'm a habs fan
Mar 28, 2013
Montreal
In the third I thought I saw pacioretty playing with galchenyuk and Eller. I'm pretty sure they played 1 shift together and looked pretty good. But it could've of been in between a line change and patches was still out there but nonetheless they looked good together.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I think he'd put up more points than James Neal playing with Crosby/Malkin. He's got much better instincts but right now it looks like he's completely demotivated from playing knowing that Briere/DD are always going to screw up. Every single time he cycles the puck to them they turn it over.

habs88

Ya I'm a habs fan
Mar 28, 2013
Montreal
If patches would play with a real bonified number 1 center he would crack 80 to 90 points easily with 40 to 45 goals. And if he would play with Crosby like someone mentioned he would score 50 goals and put 100 points and I'm pretty confident about that.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Patches - Eller - Galchenyuk
Bourque - Plekanec - Gallagher
Bournival - Briere - Gionta
Moen - White - Prust

DD can sit.

Tinordi - Subban
Markov - Gorges
Beaulieu - Diaz

Price
Budaj

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
If patches would play with a real bonified number 1 center he would crack 80 to 90 points easily with 40 to 45 goals. And if he would play with Crosby like someone mentioned he would score 50 goals and put 100 points and I'm pretty confident about that.

I'd be ecstatic if he could ever hit 40 goals and 90 points, but that is likely his ceiling in a career year. With a great centre, I could see him at about 35-35-70 on a yearly basis with a couple 40 year years.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
The clock is ticking on Gionta and Briere. Unfortunately, Desharnais is an hourglass with a plug in the opening.

HABsurde

Jul 28, 2005
Montreal
This entire fanbase his either crazy or stupid... you should all take medications

1) it's only hockey so all stop freaking out like it's then end of the world
2) It's been ONLY 3 FREAKIN GAMES !!!!!!!!!!!!!
3) All the people pissing on Desharnais or Bergevin, it's tiring, there so much people that think they know so much more than paid professionnals on this board, it's incredible....

Would Pacioretty get more point with a different center, maybe, but no garantees

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
Patches with DD isn't the problem. It's DD with Briere. They are two small similar perimeter pass first players. DD fits better with Gallagher. Although also small, Gallagher crashes the net and is all out all the time. He's a shoot first type of player and a pretty good finisher.

Then, I'd try Briere, the willy old vet, with bid bodies Eller and Galchenyuk, who can both work the wall and finish at the net.

If DD is to remain in the top 9 (Therrien seems to have lots of patience for him), this might be worth a try for a bit.

Stripper

Mar 4, 2013
This entire fanbase his either crazy or stupid... you should all take medications

1) it's only hockey so all stop freaking out like it's then end of the world
2) It's been ONLY 3 FREAKIN GAMES !!!!!!!!!!!!!
3) All the people pissing on Desharnais or Bergevin, it's tiring, there so much people that think they know so much more than paid professionnals on this board, it's incredible....

Would Pacioretty get more point with a different center, maybe, but no garantees

Je t'aime.

bipolarhabfan

Sep 16, 2006
Burnaby, BC
I think he would get a lot more points if he were playing with a better centre like Plekanec. The following should be the lines for the Habs atm.

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Bourque
Gallagher-Eller-Galchenyuk
Prust-Briere-Gionta
Deharnais-White-Moen. Replace Deharnais with Parros when the latter is healthy.

lou4gehrig

Bedard 2023
Aug 2, 2005
Leave Eller, Gallagher and Galchenyuk together.

Put pacs, pleks and rene together

People keep saying the EGG line is carrying us. We're 1-2-0. So hardly playing well. The future is Eller and Gal at center. That's the only center combination that has the potential to be elite and cup worthy.

Gallagher and MaxPac are locks for the top 6. So let other guys fill in with size or whoever is hot.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Patches with DD isn't the problem. It's DD with Briere. They are two small similar perimeter pass first players. DD fits better with Gallagher. Although also small, Gallagher crashes the net and is all out all the time. He's a shoot first type of player and a pretty good finisher.

Then, I'd try Briere, the willy old vet, with bid bodies Eller and Galchenyuk, who can both work the wall and finish at the net.

If DD is to remain in the top 9 (Therrien seems to have lots of patience for him), this might be worth a try for a bit.

this.

Pacioretty and DD need someone that will forecheck, battle for pucks in the corners, crash the net when those two guys have the puck, etc. A big power forward would really help them, Cole was kinda doing that job when he was here.

DD and Brière **** at forechecking and often lose puck battles.. and Pacioretty doesn't forecheck that much (I'd say he's a poor power forward).

Last edited:

Habruti!

Mar 5, 2002
Gatineau
Visit site
1. Pacioretty, Eller, Briere
2. Gallchenyuk, Plekanek, Gallagher
3. Prust, Bournival, Bourque

4. Moen, Desharnais/White, Gionta/Parros
So that way we can have a better team and the most expensive 4th line, or a better team and the smallest 4th line, or a better team and the most amount of money on the sidelines (Desharnais + Gionta, that must be close to 8M) ..

LLoyd Christmas I

Jul 11, 2013
Depends on who he plays with.

Patches is far more of a perimeter player than people realize. He doesn't like going into problem areas, prefers to wait for the shooting opportunity. That's fine, he has a great shot, but in today's NHL you have to be willing to sacrifice, go into the corners and win the battles. Especially someone with his size.

LLoyd Christmas I

Jul 11, 2013
What would you rather?

Gallagher-Gallagher-Gallagher

or

Pacioretty-Pacioretty-Pacioretty