How Many Points Will McDavid Score This Year?

Ballpark, what will McDavid's point totals be this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Simple Question: How many points will McDavid score this Year?
Poll closes in 5 days.

Last couple season point totals:
2018-19: 78GP - 41G - 75A - 116P - 1.49P/GP
2019-20: 64GP - 34G - 63A - 97P - 1.52P/GP
Play-ins: 4GP - 5G - 4A - 9P - 2.25P/GP

Some other questions to consider:
Will scoring go up with a shortened season, or will it decrease?
Who will McDavid's linemates be? Will it be a rotating cast?
How will no fans affect regular season play?
Will McDavid or other players miss time due to Covid?
Will McDavid focus more on defence and sacrifice offence?
How will playing only Canadian teams affect McDavid's numbers?
How will Tyson Barrie affect the powerplay?
How will no Klefbom affect possession and scoring?
Will McDavid have something to prove and just torch the league?
Biggest question is essentially: How badly does McDavid want the Art Ross?

you-are-mine-now-you-belong-to-me.jpg

56GP x 1.10 = 62P
56GP x 1.20 = 67P
56GP x 1.30 = 73P
56GP x 1.40 = 78P
56GP x 1.50 = 84P
56GP x 1.60 = 90P (Last player to score above 1.60 was Sidney Crosby in 2010-11: 41GP - 1.61P/GP)
56GP x 1.70 = 95P (Last player to score above 1.70 was Mario Lemieux in 2000-01: 43GP - 1.77P/GP)
56GP x 1.80 = 101P (Last players to score above 1.80 were Mario and Jagr in '95-96: 2.30 P/GP and 1.82P/GP)

NHL Records

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
He will score somewhere around 1.5 ppg as per usual. Tippett and Holland are giving him every opportunity to do with ridiculous ice/PP time and his pick of linemates.

I'd rather he get less than ppg, no awards, but Posta +20 plus minus while staying healthy. Far better for the team if he did that rather than primarily focus on offense like he has been the last year or more.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Request to add All of the points as an option.
Voted for this.

I honestly think 90 is in reach. But I think that the playoffs taught him going 2PPG means nothing if your giving up just as much. I think he’s going to score more goals, but probably around 75-80. If him and Drai both hit 75+ that would be a great season

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Voted for this.

I honestly think 90 is in reach. But I think that the playoffs taught him going 2PPG means nothing if your giving up just as much. I think he’s going to score more goals, but probably around 75-80. If him and Drai both hit 75+ that would be a great season

I think if McDavid was more attentive defensively it would probably cost him a few points but could be better for the team if that means a better goal differential as a result of less goals against. 5-vs-5 goal differential improvement is clearly where this team needs to improve, but what if the production loss at 5-vs-5 were offset by an even better powerplay this year with Barrie on PP1? It's certainly possible.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
I think if McDavid was more attentive defensively it would probably cost him a few points but could be better for the team if that means a better goal differential as a result of less goals against. 5-vs-5 goal differential improvement is clearly where this team needs to improve, but what if the production loss at 5-vs-5 were offset by an even better powerplay this year with Barrie on PP1? It's certainly possible.

That’s assuming that Barrie on PP will actually help, I personally think it can, but you can also recall Tippett said last year that it was Mcdavid and Draisaitl who asked that Klefbom be on PP1, because he’s predictable. Klefbom was just a facilitator for those 2, mostly Mcdavid who was more the QB from the wall. Now Barrie will be more of a QB

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
That’s assuming that Barrie on PP will actually help, I personally think it can, but you can also recall Tippett said last year that it was Mcdavid and Draisaitl who asked that Klefbom be on PP1, because he’s predictable. Klefbom was just a facilitator for those 2, mostly Mcdavid who was more the QB from the wall. Now Barrie will be more of a QB
Klef's slap pass has became predictable to the entire league. It has been like that for 3 years now

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home

Yeah but there were times last year when Klef shooting was the best option and he wouldn't shoot. Having Barrie back there who is a right handed shot and is willing to fire it and is more aggressive in pinching down or walking in from the point will be another threat that opposing teams didn't have to worry about last year. I wouldn't be surprised if the Oilers allowed a couple more shorthanded goals this year as a result of having Barrie back there who is a bit more aggressive, but it might be worth it if they do actually score more this year on the PP.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
I'm going with 95 points. I'd really like to see McDavid get 100 this year, but maybe he just matches his production from last year and gets 97. This season will be a McArt Ross season.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
3 points tonight. Maybe 90 tops for the season. Closer to 80 I would guess.

GOilers88

Upside Down Canadian Flag
Dec 24, 2016
On pace for 0's across the board. Pitiful.

Meanwhile Brock Boeser is on pace for 112 goals.

And people wonder why I despise pace.

HockeyJunkie87

Jan 20, 2021

Hey guys, I may be a habs fan, but im a huge Connor McDavid fan. I made this video today because I feel like he can pull off something special during this shortened season and manage to hit 100 points somehow. Who knows, maybe even Leon can accompany him on this feat.
What do you guys think? Im a new youtuber but I do enjoy making content. And I wish nothing but the best to all you Oiler fans, you guys deserve a lengthy playoff run. Its been too long. Best of luck guys.

How many points do you think he can honestly finish up with :)

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014

Hey guys, I may be a habs fan, but im a huge Connor McDavid fan. I made this video today because I feel like he can pull off something special during this shortened season and manage to hit 100 points somehow. Who knows, maybe even Leon can accompany him on this feat.
What do you guys think? Im a new youtuber but I do enjoy making content. And I wish nothing but the best to all you Oiler fans, you guys deserve a lengthy playoff run. Its been too long. Best of luck guys.

How many points do you think he can honestly finish up with :)

didn't come in peace, 0/10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->