How many points will ADA score next season

How many points will ADA score next season?

• Total voters

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
How many points will ADA score?

1) 0; RBA will strangle him before the season starts
2) 0-20; He'll start off fine, but lose it halfway through the season and will be gone.
3) 20-30; He remains problem free, but doesn't bring much offense
4) 30-50; Solid season, so the Canes might be able to afford an extension.
5) 50+: Dougie who? Oh, and bye Tony, too rich for our blood
6) I refuse to vote out of principle!

EDIT: The assumption here is no major injuries preventing him from playing.

Last edited:

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
30-50 depending on pairing, PP opportunity.

Hoping for 45-55 with a team friendly extension and improvement of defensive skill, along with a shut mouth and blackballing Civ, who will try and wreck it anyway.

ETA - we should do a second poll - Who does he beat the shit out of first because they took a run at one of his teammates? Please be Tom Wilson, please please please.

Last edited:

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
I'll go 30 - 50, although I was really tempted to vote that RBA strangles him before the season.

If he doesn't blow this opportunity, he could have a real bounce back season. But I'm fully expecting him to blow this opportunity and be out of the NHL by December 31.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
There's a statute of limitations before you can actually talk about what he'll do for the team on the ice, but let me give it a shot anyway.

Slavin - Pesce
Skjei - Bear
Cole - TDA

TDA gets PP1.

Even though there's 1000 posts of arguing at this point (and with good reason), it's hard to argue that he doesn't fit the team need like a glove when it comes to on-ice need. Maybe even flip Pesce and Bear if you want to even out the pairings a bit more.

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Depends on if he plays on the top pair with Slavin, which I think he will. If he gets that role along with the top PP, I say 50+ points. If he plays down in the lineup but on the top PP then 30-50 sounds about right.

hockeynjune

CAT4 and RI TAKE SHELTER NOW
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021
20/30

Last chance consciousness causes him to change his on ice presence/style/play in order to avoid conflict.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
Section 308
I have no idea how many games he’ll play, but I’ll go with a full 82 for this question. I think he’ll score between 30-50 points.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Does he score more even strength points than he allows is the question for me. Or at least make it close to where his PP points far outweigh the issue on ES. Dont need another Skinner out there.

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
Yes, he is. And I don't think Rod plays him over Slavin at first PP.

You forgot how long Rod uses Faulk over Hamilton?
not only is deangelo much better on the pp, but he's also a rightie while slavin is a leftie. also rod said the reason that pesce doesn't get pp time is because it would mean him playing too many minutes so i doubt slavin would be his first option for pp1.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
On the question of pairings, I wonder what they'll be. In the past, some have wondered that if you put another offensive minded Defenseman next to Slavin, will his production be that far off from Hamiltons?

If Skjei/Pesce are as good as they were last year, that very well may become the top shutdown pairing. Slavin and Bear/ADA can then take on a bit easier assignments freeing up Bear/ADA to be more aggressive offensively. We know that at any time, RBA can throw Pesce/Slavin out there and not miss a beat when needed.

I'm confident that Slavin or Pesce can pair with just about anyone and make their partner better so keeping them separate might be the best option.

Going to be interesting to see how the Canes manage this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->