How many players

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
need to cross the picket lines for the NHLPA to capitulate?

Or perhaps, maybe they all cross, and Goodenow sits there and has a job for life spending the NHLPA slush fund, while the new NHLPA starts from scratch?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
AM said:

Or perhaps, maybe they all cross, and Goodenow sits there and has a job for life spending the NHLPA slush fund, while the new NHLPA starts from scratch?

They are locked out.

Lanny MacDonald*

ACC1224 said:
They are locked out.

And as soon as the NHL were declare an impasse and open up the doors to all comers the NHLPA would have to strike and setup a picket line. At which point all those players over in Europe are every bit a scab as every single player who crosses the picket line. I can't wait for the NHLPA explanation at that point.

:lol

blamebettman*

at least 6 teams have already said they're not going to go with replacement players, the idea is pretty much DOA.

Boltsfan2029

Jul 8, 2002
In deleted threads
blamebettman said:
at least 6 teams have already said they're not going to go with replacement players, the idea is pretty much DOA.

I keep hearing this on message boards -- do you (or anyone else) have a link or anything? I'm dying to find out which teams, how they propose to sit out if the rest of the league plays, etc.

Thanks.

blamebettman*

this was mentioned in a few articles, one for sure is Bruce Dowbiggen who mentioned 6 teams.

SENSible1*

blamebettman said:
this was mentioned in a few articles, one for sure is Bruce Dowbiggen who mentioned 6 teams.

Did Brucie get that from the same source that told him about Bettman's cap bonus?

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
AM said:

This is "THE" interesting questions IMO. Can anyone imagine guys like Yashin, Holik Jagr, & Marchant not crossing the picket line immediately?

This is what the owners are betting on. The players who are under contract will be VERY tempted to cross the picket line. It might only be 20-30% of all NHL'ers are under contract, but making $1.6M will look really good to Matthew Barnaby instead of sitting at home.

Todd Marchant would make at least 10 and probably 20 times as much playing in the NHL as he would oversees. I would go so far as to say that he would make more playing for 1 more year on his current NHL contract than the rest of his life combined (if he's not playing in the NHL).

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
blamebettman said:

B.S.

show me some sources where NHL teams GM's or Owners have flat out said they will not use replacement players.

:teach:

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
e-townchamps said:
the NHL...
the only players that won't come back are the highest paid players who think they'll win this war

I think you mean the highest paid players that currently aren't under contract. Guys like Holik, Jagr & Yashin would set a new record getting back to North America to collect their crazy arse paychecks!

djhn579

Mar 11, 2003
Tonawanda, NY
blamebettman said:

A reporter claimed this in an editorial without any information to back it up. I'm not sure if this is true, since it has not been reported anywhere else. He could also be assuming the six teams in Canada can't use replacements... :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad