How many of you are divorced?

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
I've been wife-free for 2 years now, and I'm having a hard time. It all went downhill after I lost my job at Nabisco and was unemployed for a few months. I landed on my feet, but the damage was done. In her eyes, I'm an unreliable loser who she can't count on as a provider. Soon I discovered she's been texting her boss in secret. Nothing perverted, but... personal. That might be worse. I was no longer someone she could confide in or lean on for support. I mean, how can I be that person if I don't have my own **** together? Maybe I should have seen it coming. Maybe we've been out of love a while, but I was to self centered to pay attention. Anyway, that's neither here nor there, as they say.

Long story short, she's with her boss now (except he's not her boss anymore, because she doesn't have to work now). I know she **** talks about me in front of my daughter, because she barely looks me in the eyes anymore and makes snide remarks about my bachelor lifestyle, which she knows nothing about. For sure those aren't her words coming out of her mouth.

:soap:

It's like I'm in that movie Groundhog Day, except every one of those identical days is somehow longer than the last. I go to bed early every night, praying to God I'll get 10+ hours of sleep so I can spend less time with my emotions. Funny story... this one time, I tried hanging myself with a belt, but I've gotten so fat that my belt got stretched to its limits and snapped right in half. That was the first time I laughed in months. And get this... I put off buying a new belt for weeks because I just felt too darn tired all the time to go to the store, until one day my supervisor called me into his office and told me there have been complaints about my pants falling down. :laugh:

Anywho... that's enough blabbering from me! :blah:

How about you fellas?

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Not sure if serious.

I too, am divorced. I found that it is viewed MUCH differently for men and women. Women it’s all “yay girl power you don’t need a man they are all scum.” And for men it’s “so, what did you do you stupid f*** up?”

Maybe that’s not how it actually goes down, but that’s just how it felt to me. It was probably one of the more difficult things to get past. I felt like i was conditioned to be embarrassed about it or that i was looked at as a failure. It’s hard.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Long story short, she's with her boss now (except he's not her boss anymore, because she doesn't have to work now). I know she **** talks about me in front of my daughter, because she barely looks me in the eyes anymore and makes snide remarks about my bachelor lifestyle, which she knows nothing about. For sure those aren't her words coming out of her mouth.

Off the top of my head there's one regular Lounge reader/poster who's married, so this might not be the best place to ask if you're serious.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Off the top of my head there's one regular Lounge reader/poster who's married, so this might not be the best place to ask if you're serious.
The OP didn't ask for advice. He's simply seeking validation. Though The Lounge is an odd place to look for that, too. :wedgie:

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal
Holy crap dude....that is quite the funk you are in. Not sure if the belt thing is serious, but if so I really think you need to seek some professional help with that.

I cant help you much with the divorce thing because my situation seems to be an anomaly these days. Been married for 22 years now , kids are grown up and almost out of the house, and wife and I are starting to re-connect after spending most of our energy trying to raise good kids. It has not been perfect by any means but no relationship is. If someone tells you that have a perfect marriage, they are full of it.

Have you looked into playing some sports or signing up to a gym or something along those lines? I think paying more attention to yourself and your body will also do wonders for your mind.

That's all I got really. I'm not much of a life coach, but I figured id try.

Good luck.

Nemesis Prime

Jun 29, 2010
London, ON
Jesus, that got dark but I also lol'd. I ain't ever been married, probably never will. But I have friends who are, including one of my ex's, and in most cases the women are serial cheaters.

Women want the wedding, not the marriage.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
I am divorced from reality and it tears up my butt every single day.

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
Both my ex's still contact me seeing how I'm doing and telling me they regret not being as good as they could have been. My wife now has told one of them multiple times to f*** off. I don't go bugging people from my past relationships. It's sad I've associated myself with such losers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->