GDT: HOW MANY OF THESE DANG THINGS DO I HAVE TO MAKE? CAR @ NJ

UNCCHcane

Nov 26, 2008
Aho gets hauled down and of course there's no call, can't risk not having any NY area teams in the playoffs.

Yeah, the refs dicked us hard in this one, but these guys just wilted. None of them have played in a big game in a f***ing decade, and when they get in a place when it's even almost kinda not really but close to a big game, they fold up. It doesn't help that they Darling is flopping around back there like a lunatic. Why in the actual f*** is he even PLAYING in this game? We've played three shitty teams in a row and Peters couldn't plan it out so our mildly competent goalie got this start? f***ing disaster.

UNCCHcane

Nov 26, 2008
Me after I got done with my last post:

giphy.gif

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
I thought hanifin played a great game. Watched his decision making, it was fine.

until the gwg, when he left Noesen in the slot to challenge Andy Green, despite Lindholm being in position to block the shot anyway. Like wtf.

(For the record, McKweon, who was at a much better angle to challenge Greene, had the same inclination but immediately resisted it and tied up his man. PDG, who switched with Lindy, tied up his. It's Hanifin's guy)

bonus points for skinner watching, neither in position to challenge a point shot or to get a rebound from Darling/challenge a guy in the shot, as the gwg is put in.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I stil don't think darling looked good, even though statistically he was fine. I'm not a goalie or a goalie coach or whatever but when you watch his head, he rarely seems to look the puck into his glove/body- he just hopes the puck hits him then has to look around frantically to find where it went.

As a disclaimer I did not watch every second of this game with much attention, maybe I just saw bad examples.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Yeah, the refs dicked us hard in this one, but these guys just wilted. None of them have played in a big game in a ****ing decade, and when they get in a place when it's even almost kinda not really but close to a big game, they fold up. It doesn't help that they Darling is flopping around back there like a lunatic. Why in the actual **** is he even PLAYING in this game? We've played three ****ty teams in a row and Peters couldn't plan it out so our mildly competent goalie got this start? ****ing disaster.

Between the Stanley Cup playoffs (Darling, TT, TVR), international play (Aho, Hanifin, Lindholm etc..) and Junior hockey (McGinn, Foegele), many of these guys have have played in a lot of big games in the last few years.

UNCCHcane

Nov 26, 2008
Between the Stanley Cup playoffs (Darling, TT, TVR), international play (Aho, Hanifin, Lindholm etc..) and Junior hockey (McGinn, Foegele), many of these guys have have played in a lot of big games in the last few years.

That’s fair, but the overall point still stands. This team has not stepped up when presented with a big game or opportunity, individual player histories not withstanding, and at the end of the day it speaks to a lack of overall player experience with big game situations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad