Speculation: How Many Kings Prospects At 2022 World Juniors?

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
During the last 2 World Juniors(2020 and 2021) the Los Angeles Kings have placed more prospects in the Tournament than any other NHL team bar none. With so many of LA's prospects having graduated and now plying their "trade" elsewhere, I wonder out loud how many will be there when their countries come calling for their services. For Sure Q Byfield will not be made available unless...But B Faber will be there as will H Grans, and K Simontaival with J Markkonen and A Jamsen possibilities!M Chromiak will be there for certain! F Pinelli will be invited but Canada looking to field a stronger than usual team he might be on the outside looking in. B Clarke looks to be there but he might be bumped too! Finn S Helenius and Russian K Kirsanov will more than likely be sporting their countries colours! All told the Kings could have 7-11 prospects at the World Juniors in Vancouver,BC and Red Deer,Alberta during the 2022 December/January tournament. This is a testament to the great drafting by the Kings

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
During the last 2 World Juniors(2020 and 2021) the Los Angeles Kings have placed more prospects in the Tournament than any other NHL team bar none. With so many of LA's prospects having graduated and now plying their "trade" elsewhere, I wonder out loud how many will be there when their countries come calling for their services. For Sure Q Byfield will not be made available unless...But B Faber will be there as will H Grans, and K Simontaival with J Markkonen and A Jamsen possibilities!M Chromiak will be there for certain! F Pinelli will be invited but Canada looking to field a stronger than usual team he might be on the outside looking in. B Clarke looks to be there but he might be bumped too! Finn S Helenius and Russian K Kirsanov will more than likely be sporting their countries colours! All told the Kings could have 7-11 prospects at the World Juniors in Vancouver,BC and Red Deer,Alberta during the 2022 December/January tournament. This is a testament to the great drafting by the Kings

I posted this in one of the other threads, but my guess is 9. I don't think Pinelli makes the roster and I don't think Byfield ends up going.

Canada: Brandt Clarke
USA: Brock Faber
Sweden: Helge Grans
Finland: Kasper Simontaival, Samuel Helenius, Aatu Jamsen, Juho Markkanen
Russia: Kirill Kirsanov
Slovakia: Martin Chromiak

Those are my guesses anyway! Faber, Grans, and Clarke might be the first-pairing RHD for their respective teams, and Simontaival and Chromiak are first-line wingers most likely. Kirsanov is probably a top four, Jamsen and Helenius are probably third line guys, and Markkanen is probably Finland's backup goalie.

Just my personal predictions though!

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
I posted this in one of the other threads, but my guess is 9. I don't think Pinelli makes the roster and I don't think Byfield ends up going.

Canada: Brandt Clarke
USA: Brock Faber
Sweden: Helge Grans
Finland: Kasper Simontaival, Samuel Helenius, Aatu Jamsen, Juho Markkanen
Russia: Kirill Kirsanov
Slovakia: Martin Chromiak

Those are my guesses anyway! Faber, Grans, and Clarke might be the first-pairing RHD for their respective teams, and Simontaival and Chromiak are first-line wingers most likely. Kirsanov is probably a top four, Jamsen and Helenius are probably third line guys, and Markkanen is probably Finland's backup goalie.

Just my personal predictions though!
Looks about right and I couldn't have said better myself!

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Simontaival and Helenius yes, Jamsen and Markkanen most likely not.

Yeah, just saw that. Lots can change between now and December of course, and seeing backup goalies and third/fourth liners swap places isn't crazy. The other players all seem like locks to me though, so I would guess a minimum of seven and a maximum of eleven.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad