How many hockey games do you get to?

Alpine

Oct 28, 2005
Moncton, NB
I don't know where to put this. So some mod can lock it or move it.
Between Q, MJAHL, and AUS, I get to 50-60 games a year. Wife doesn't get upset untill I start going to High School or Jr C games :dunno: . Just wondering how many games below NHL most prospects watchers get to? Sorry if this has been beat to death and no, I don't want a medal ;)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I don't go to too many, usually I do a 5 game road trip every year to see the Hamilton Bulldogs. But I get to see a ton on tv. I have directv, so with CSTV, ESPNU and the Fox sports, I get a ton of NCAA games, sometimes 5 games on friday, every Minnesota game, lots of WCHA and HE through NESN. This year I had a subscription to see all of Cornell's home games, and now with webcasts I saw around 40 of Hamilton's games at 6 bucks a pop, plus around 5-6 games of Long Beach Ice Dogs (ECHL).

I watch all the Habs games on center ice plus some other NHL games but not too much. I usually watch every Hab prospect, so I get someone to tape games in Moscow, usually get to see 5 or more a year. You can buy lots of RSL games off ebay, great quality for 15 bucks a dvd. I've seen a couple games of Euro Cup, RSL playoffs, and the Euro Championships between the league winners (saw Karpat vs Omsk and Karpat vs Dynamo)

Plus with webcast of every WHL and OHL plus several free webcasts of QMJHL and NCAA, I got to see a lot of Tri City (boring hockey), London (exciting hockey), Petes, Guelph, Lewiston, Dartmouth (ECAC), Clarkson (ECAC), and to a lesser extent, Drummondville, Drakkar, Bathurst.

If there's not a Hab prospect I try and keep an eye on draft eligble prospects for either the upcoming draft or the next years draft.

I've got a collection of VHS-DVD of between 100-150 games of NCAA, CHL, RSL, FNL, SEL, AHL, ECHL, WJC's (U-20's, U-18's and 1 U-17), WC's, remax games, Euro Cup and Champions, telis cup.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
Live I probably go to 2-3 NHL games a year
about 10 OHL games
2 AHL games this year
5 Ontario Provincial Jr. A games
and 120 minor midget games (I scout that age group) and I honestly think its some of the best hockey out there, in ontario anyways. :clap:

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
I average about 2-3 live games per week. I mostly watch games in the Swedish second tier league, Swedish under 20 league and the Swedish under 18 league.

Bouchard

Jul 10, 2004
Cole Harbour, NS
I normally try to get to 10-15 games a year here in Halifax, unfortunetly this year the Mooseheads didn't have the best of years. Enjoyable hockey though.

Pothier

Aug 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Live:

OHL- This year about 20 67's games, including Playoffs
QMJHL- About 15 Olympiques games this year, including Playoffs
NHL- I went to 19 Senators games, plus 2/3 home Playoff games so far, I plan on going to more
Jr.A- I've been to about 4 this year.

I'm not even going to count how many I've watched on TV.

sbtatter

Feb 27, 2005
Live games
About 45 WHL this season
5 NHL
10 AAA
About 12 WHL on TV
About 100 WHL on the web broadcast
Not too many NHL on TV, mostly playoff games

firstroundbust

lacks explosiveness
Mar 3, 2004
Parts Unknown
this year was...

10-15 NHL, plus some on tv
every U of Minnesota game on tv, plus other ncaa
1 OHL game, Saginaw
1 USHL game
1 NAHL game
then a few HS games they show here on tv, plus the state tourney

some say too much, yet I say maybe too few...I'd love to catch more juniors

Sherlock

Aug 2, 2005
Minne-snow-ta
I rarely go to NHL games any more. I think I went to one this year.

I go to at least one Gopher home game every week, and sometimes both. I also try to go on at least one road trip each year (not including St. Cloud, Duluth, and Mankato).

I'll also go to a handful of high school games, and the state tournament, but that's about it.

I wish I could see CHL games, because it seems that is where a lot of the action is. I also need to get an NCAA subscription to see more college hockey.

Hordichuk_24

Every Vancouver Giants home game, plus a few road games here and there. Usually either Everett, Seattle, Kelowna or Kamloops. I usually go to at least 10 or 20 junior A and junior B games as well. Once Chilliwack comes into the WHL next season I'm sure I'll be going to even more games.

johnny cool

Feb 19, 2004
50 or so college games and a handful of NHL games live.

then probably about 350-400 games at various levels on TV

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
This past year I got to roughly 35, all Penguins games.

Now, with going to college in Montana...it's going to be alot harder. I would like to get to games in Calgary and Edmonton. Maybe see a game in Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, Red Deer...maybe head out to Vancouver...

Regardless, it'll probably be under 5...just too far to travel to get to any teams.

Jori

Went to five Avs regular season games and one playoff game (so far). I typically attend about a half dozen DU games, though recent success has made tickets harder to get that I'm finally putting down money to get a half-season ticket package. I watch tons of NHL, some NCAA, a few AHL, CHL and Canadian junior games through Dish and Bell ExpressVu. Let's just say I'd love to kiss whomever came up with DVR/PVR technology :bow:

stormtracker

Apr 29, 2006
Guelph
I have been to 54 O.H.L. games this year (1 more to go in London),
3 Junior B games), and 1 N.H.L. game. I do not know if I will hit 60.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad