How many games will Zadina play 2018-2019 for DRW

How many games does Zadina get 2018-2019

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lovonov

Jun 7, 2018
I am considering Zadina in a yearly keeper league. Being an avid Wings fan, I had to inquire to see what you all think (with the most unbiased answer you can possibly have).

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Hard to say but I think he tears up the preseason and basically makes the team. Might spend 10-20 games in the minor while the team makes a move so that he can stay up full time o I voted 60-70

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I think the Wings are going to be capped out and won't get lucky with injuries until later in the year. He'll come up when someone finally decides to hang it up for the year and go on LTIR or around the TDL when Holland moves Nyquist/Vanek.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
If he was drafted 5 years ago he would play in every game , but today speed is # 1 and Zadina needs to get better there. So I think he will play no more than 8 games. Rasmussen pp monster has more chance to play whole season. I also hope that Hronek will play from day one . He needs to be pare with Kroner or Green

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I fully expect him to start in the AHL, Nyquist to get traded at the deadline, and Zadina to get just enough of a showing to not burn a year on his ELC.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
I don't think there is any hope to see him much at all. We will see but Blash has all ready told us Rass is the only guy he thinks is ready for the team.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I’m guess 60-70, I feel like even if he starts in GR his chances of coming up quickly are high.

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
Either playing in AHL or NHL burns a year off his ELC. With all the hype around him this summer, he may be the biggest draw to fill seats. I expect to stay in Detoit and play most games.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
20 games after the trade deadline.

Nyquist gone, Zadina in.

After regular season, Zadina back to AHL playoffs to win the MVP.

Last edited:

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I see about half the season. Detroit gets injuries or makes a move to get him up, and he never looks back.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Man... I'm the only one so far to say 0. And it's not some snarky anti-management or anti-Zadina vote... I just expect him to get 1 full year in the AHL before getting any NHL games in

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Man... I'm the only one so far to say 0. And it's not some snarky anti-management or anti-Zadina vote... I just expect him to get 1 full year in the AHL before getting any NHL games in
0 would only happen if Zadina struggles pretty bad tbh.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
~10 games. He'll get a couple of call ups (and hopefully not get stapled to a 5 min/4th line role), but I assume he'll spend most of the year in GR. There's just not a lot of roster flexibility to bring him up until someone misses time.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
I picked 10-30. I think he starts in GR, then goes to the WJC. He maybe gets a call up due to injuries sometime in January or February and then finishes the season in the NHL after Nyquist and Vanek likely get traded.

I don't see him getting a ton of NHL time early, unless they get slammed with injuries. Turgeon and Svechnikov probably get a good bit of the call up time since they are in their last waiver exempt years.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Did you think this about Larkin as well?

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
I expect him to start in Grand Rapids but 30 games in when the team is struggling and Zadina is lighting up the AHL, he'll get called and spend the last ~50 games with the team before returning for the Calder cup.

Reactions: waltdetroit

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I also expect a player like David Pope getting a call before Zadina, when injuries in NHL will hit. This will turn HF Boards furious, because Zadina is doing better on the minors than Pope.

Pope will get his 20 games, struggles a bit and is sent back for Zadina.

Instant replay from Tatar/Nyquist -case at 2013. :)

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Did you think this about Larkin as well?
I mean, Larkin didn't play any NHL games in his draft year. That's the much bigger factor I'm looking at, not getting a year in the AHL.

But I'm also not shouting anyone down here. It's just the feeling I have

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I mean, Larkin didn't play any NHL games in his draft year. That's the much bigger factor I'm looking at, not getting a year in the AHL.

But I'm also not shouting anyone down here. It's just the feeling I have

aside from Zadina just being a better prospect there's some pretty big differences in circumstances there too

Larkin couldn't play even a single game without signing a contract which would in turn prevent him from going back to college at all

Zadina will be in the AHL if he's not in the NHL,much more simple to call him up from there for a bit

honestly if Larkin was in the AHL his D+1 instead of college like Zadina is he probably would have gotten a few games in the NHL too

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
I saw this the other day, and feel it might be a factor.

I really hope the team will stop focusing on "wasting" contract years and look more to the actual development of the players. If a player can compete at an NHL level then it doesn't make any sense to me for him to be mired in the AHL just to preserve an ELC year.

That kind of mentality is "penny wise and pound foolish" to me.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Tatar contract did slide all the years in AHL. He was an European draftee like Zadina now was determined after the "loan" -case.

Tomas Tatar - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Tatar was 5 years on same ELC. And started as 18-year old like Zadina is gonna do.

1st ELC (slide) season - 0 NHL games
2nd ELC (slide) season - 9 NHL games
3rd ELC season - 0 NHL games
4th ELC season - 18 NHL games
5th ELC season - 73 NHL games

I'm not gonna say Zadina goes the same route, but it seems that, just being in AHL doesn't burn a year of ELC until you are 20-year-old.

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
I really hope the team will stop focusing on "wasting" contract years and look more to the actual development of the players. If a player can compete at an NHL level then it doesn't make any sense to me for him to be mired in the AHL just to preserve an ELC year.

I was going to say the same thing. Let's focus on what is best for the player.

Maybe that is time in Grand Rapids, but I don't like that mentality either.

Fear

Nov 17, 2014

Ya plus prolonging the ELC just means the next contract will need to be bigger, when the cap savings actually matter and the team will be trying to compete.

Look at the Leafs with Nylander, he played 22 games in his last "slide" year and burned a year of ELC. If he didn't his contract would expire at the same time as Matthews and Marner and he would have an extra 60-70 games experience to drive up the value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad