How many games will Kadri get suspended for?

Kadri Suspension

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Islandgirl

Apr 15, 2019
The Island
Since Kadri is a repeat offender I think he will get 5 games. I think he would have gotten more than 5 if it would have been the regular season, but since it is the post season I will stick with 5.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
What happens if the Leafs get bounced before the suspension ends?
Will he then be suspended for the start of the next post-season?

sebsisles

Apr 25, 2013
Long Island
Since Kadri is a repeat offender I think he will get 5 games. I think he would have gotten more than 5 if it would have been the regular season, but since it is the post season I will stick with 5.

I went with 4 but can also see 5...being a repeat offender does him no help that's for sure.

Reactions: Islandgirl

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
This got 25 games for a guy who had never been suspended before. Kesler wasn't injured.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
You know it's bad when you have to go back 12 years to find a stick infraction as ugly.
Larsson on Trochek
Landeskog on Tkachuck
Calvert on Kuhnakl
Marchand on McDonald
Kadri on Glendening.

Are all very similar incidents from the last 2-3 years. If it weren't for the fact Kadri is a multi-repeat offender who has already been suspended for the exact same thing this would be 1-2 games at most.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Larsson on Trochek
Landeskog on Tkachuck
Calvert on Kuhnakl
Marchand on McDonald
Kadri on Glendening.

Are all very similar incidents from the last 2-3 years. If it weren't for the fact Kadri is a multi-repeat offender who has already been suspended for the exact same thing this would be 1-2 games at most.

None of those are nearly as bad. The Boulerice one and Suter on Kariya are the only comparables.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
I think you see 5 here, effectively removing him from the Bruins series and setting the tone for the rest of the league. It was a predatory hit and should be disciplined as such.

I'd be surprised if its anything less than 3 and more than 5.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
You know it's bad when you have to go back 12 years to find a stick infraction as ugly.

There is no difference between Kadri's hit on Debrusk and Marchand on McDonald. Both retaliatory cross checks.

One will get a 5 PLAYOFF game suspension, the other guy paid $5k.

Reactions: DanM

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
This got 25 games for a guy who had never been suspended before. Kesler wasn't injured.

I am not condoning what Kadri did, but the Kesler crosscheck was way worse lol

Both are stupid damn plays though

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
None of those are nearly as bad. The Boulerice one and Suter on Kariya are the only comparables.

His own on Glendening was actually worse. Skated in harder and more vicious arm motion
Landeskogs was part of a battle but equally as vicious.
Larsson's was definitely lighter, and mitigated by being to a tougher hockey player that didn't drop like he was shot.
Marchand's was lighter, but to an opponent down on the ice, was saved by the visor.
Calvert's was literally hard enough to break his f***ing stick, AND he came back around and hit him a seccond time while he was hurt

Last edited:

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
How? It's a carbon copy.

Not at all.

The one on Kesler was way more violent, you could see a different force used with the stick, and it was aimed directly at his head the whole way.

While both players were stupid, Kadri's happened at a much higher speed, and could have easily been a high elbow or punch (but the stick was still used) and he is still a big idiot either way.

To me the one on Kesler was was more aggressive and deliberate, he aimed at the back of the head and neck. He had way more time to load up and hammer Kesler like that.

But in the end, no place in the game for either.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
I am not condoning what Kadri did, but the Kesler crosscheck was way worse lol

Both are stupid damn plays though

How is this possibly "way worse"? Its the same, if anything. Both aggressive predatory cross checks to the face/neck area.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Not at all.

The one on Kesler was way more violent, you could see a different force used with the stick, and it was aimed directly at his head the whole way.

While both players were stupid, Kadri's happened at a much higher speed, and could have easily been a high elbow or punch (but the stick was still used) and he is still a big idiot either way.

To me the one on Kesler was was more aggressive and deliberate, he aimed at the back of the head and neck. He had way more time to load up and hammer Kesler like that.

But in the end, no place in the game for either.

It's in no way less violent. I'd argue Kadri's is more violent. He's coming in way faster and drills it right in Debrusk's face. He hits him so hard that he falls over top of him from the momentum.

Reactions: DanM

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
It's in no way less violent. I'd argue Kadri's is more violent. He's coming in way faster and drills it right in Debrusk's face. He hits him so hard that he falls over top of him from the momentum.

Again, I still think the one on Kesler was more predatory.

Regardless, both players are stupid morons who should learn to control themselves.

The refs also need to control the game better, for both teams. They are in charge of what goes on, and should also do a better job (not that Kadri is still not an idiot of course)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad