How many games will Conor Timmins play for the Avalanche in his career?

How many games will Timmins play for the Avalanche?

• Total voters

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
For what seems like a long time now I've seen people posting potential line-ups and rosters who operate under the assumption that Timmins will be in some way relevant. To put it briefly, I have my doubts.

With that in mind, here's a fun exercise. He's currently played two regular season games and two playoffs. He looked wildly out of his depth in all of them, he has a significant history of concussions, and he's currently signed for one more year where he will be an RFA. Stick your neck out. How will he do?

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I'm being optimistic and saying 300-400.

I have injury concerns. But I dont believe his last injury was a concussion and I have hoped that he'll be healthy and able to play in the NHL moving forward.

I think we get 4-5 years out of him in Colorado before he is ultimately traded or leaves as a free agent.

Reactions: RumpleSnipeSkin

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
My gut... 100-150. I'm thinking 30-40 this season. Then 50ish the following season. Then some odd amount the season after that until the Avs give up.

My brain... 200-300. He establishes himself as a solid player and carves out a role for 4-5 seasons before he's a casualty.

My heart.... 1000+

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
Taking a guess without confirmation of what his injury in the playoffs was would be premature.
You are probably right, but the fact that we all wince or hold our breath when he goes down doesn’t bode well. As much as I like Timmins I would be okay with finding a buyer while he has value. I just don’t trust him to hold up in the NHL.

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
I'm being optimistic and saying 300-400.

I have injury concerns. But I dont believe his last injury was a concussion and I have hoped that he'll be healthy and able to play in the NHL moving forward.

I think we get 4-5 years out of him in Colorado before he is ultimately traded or leaves as a free agent.
You think we will get 4-5 MORE years out of him or 4-5 total years?

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Wilson was serving meals at some kind of charity in a video and had an arm cast and sling. He must have had major upper body surgery.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
Obviously the most recent injury gives us cause to think this is how it'll be, and after watching injuries pile up for Kamenev and wipe out his promising start, I think maybe my 100-150 estimate might be optimistic. It's distressing to still have seen so little of Timmins. I don't even have more than a foggy idea of what he brings to the table in the first place.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Nearly 50% voted for under 100 games. I believe other GMs would have the same results. Doubtful offering anything meaningful in a trade.

AVs keep him allowing him to marinate longer. Sakic seems to be preparing he never recovers. The Barron/Helleson picks and Toews trade shifts Cole and possibly Girard to RD.

I expect RHD is the next player being added.

Reactions: Richard88

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Good thing Avs drafted Barron because I have my concerns about Timmins and his concussion history

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I refuse to vote in this because I don't want to jinx him. I had him rated in he teens in 2017 and was thrilled we got him in the 2nd, and given all the shit he's gone through I am really rooting for him despite my fears.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad