How many games until....

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
I don't have as much time this year for GDTs so im thinkin it will happen before we even need one to break a slump. Blanick is gonna be busy unless someone else steps up lol. I guess I could prolly do simple ones that at least look decent but no epic ones like the pyramid

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
I don't have as much time this year for GDTs so im thinkin it will happen before we even need one to break a slump. Blanick is gonna be busy unless someone else steps up lol. I guess I could prolly do simple ones that at least look decent but no epic ones like the pyramid

Like one in a generational talent, so was the Ron Swanson/Hitch's pyramid of greatness. Something like that cannot be duplicated or followed by greatness of the like, otherwise be doomed to to never live up to impossible expectations.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Around 15 games in. I hope we do have some regular season struggles this year. We are a new team down the middle and it feels like a new team in goal with Elliott officially being given the reigns. Overcoming issues during the regular season is what we need.

Aint gonna be no half assed GDT's. 82-0 straight to the cup, *****es

If the Blues went 82-0 every single one of us knows that we would be swept in the first round.

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
Depends upon who you listen to:

If the Blues are truly going for the cup this year, that means they'll have to start off slow and win by talent alone.
Or something.
Anyway, that means this forum is going to need to match the team's effort level thus half-assed GDT.

Or, if you are more realistic (myself as the shining example of this) then you realize the Blues are going to be doomed due to some sort of new virus, or chemical warfare, or flying pork demons from Hades and thus most of the team will be missing by game 3.
Thus causing frustration enough to make a half-assed GDT.

So, my vote is obviously within the first 5 games.

PeterAngelo

Feb 26, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
I've never really posted in the GDTs (when the game runs from 12pm - 3pm during the working week you can understand the difficulty I am sure), but when reading them back in the evening I have got to say a few times when I see those half-assed GDTs my immediate thought has been "this is the St.Louis Blues HFBoards way".

I hope that, due to an underwhelming preseason, these boards are forced into an early season half-assed GDT and that, as a result, the team gets on such a roll that the final GDT of the entire season is the most half-assed 'Stanley cup winning' GDT that the world ever did see.

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
I've never really posted in the GDTs (when the game runs from 12pm - 3pm during the working week you can understand the difficulty I am sure), but when reading them back in the evening I have got to say a few times when I see those half-assed GDTs my immediate thought has been "this is the St.Louis Blues HFBoards way".

I hope that, due to an underwhelming preseason, these boards are forced into an early season half-assed GDT and that, as a result, the team gets on such a roll that the final GDT of the entire season is the most half-assed 'Stanley cup winning' GDT that the world ever did see.

My favorite thing about them is that if it's a Blues home playoff game, the main board GDT will not be a copy of it, it'll be the opponents.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
Between games 11-20. Blues will probably have an off game or two. Probably not enough to warrant a HAGDT, but why risk the bad mojo?

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
I would like to point out I did mention the coma-inducing disease being part of the downfall.
I had thought it was going to be a virus, but obviously the new drug-resistant bacteria is a bigger issue than originally thought.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad